No announcement yet.

'85 crown vic full rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i pulled the belt off, seems like it was running to the ac compressor and the smog pump, don't really need either of those. and it seems like the smoke was coming from either the compressor or the smog pump, i'd probably go with the smog pump but the vic runs a lot better now, no problems with stalling or sputtering.

next step is starting to order parts for the rebuild

Comment

Originally posted by hazardchild69 View Post
      so i pulled the belt off, seems like it was running to the ac compressor and the smog pump, don't really need either of those. and it seems like the smoke was coming from either the compressor or the smog pump, i'd probably go with the smog pump but the vic runs a lot better now, no problems with stalling or sputtering.

next step is starting to order parts for the rebuild
      Yay! That's like two or three fewer problems to worry about, at least for now!
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

My A/C Compressor began to seize and stalled the engine, so I know exactly what you are going through.

I had the smog pump seize a few years ago on the Mustang, and that was a fun experience.

I also had an alternator seize on the Mustang too. Fun times

Just meant it was 3G conversion action then, hehe!
        1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Working...
        X