No announcement yet.

'85 crown vic full rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are going EFI, don't get 351w, it won't fit with EFI just carb. (someone probably said that already, but I didn't read everyone's post). Unsure if you want carbed or efi.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic
      Got those two mixed up, it's 302=5.0 and 351=5.8

A 351 will fit in your car with no trouble, since some police models came with a 351. The 351 doesn't have much more power than the 302 and is heavier. If you want to get the most out of a 351, replace the intake and carb for a 4bbl intake and carb, port the heads, performance cam, electric fan, 2.5" true dual exhaust. Those mods will really wake up that engine, and shouldn't be too difficult to do, provided you have the tools and a shop manual. If you need anymore info, don't hesitate to ask, we all want to help you out. And by the way, welcome to GMN.

Thanks, got it backwords
      1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
      FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

im looking into going carb

by the way, is there anyone in the rochester area who'd be interested in helping out with some work here and there?

Comment

Rochester, MN or Rochester, NY?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I think he's from Rochester NY

Hey man your right up the road...I'm in Buffalo.

Comment

yea, i'm in NY, what part of buffalo are you from?, my gf's in the Kenmore/ Tonowanda area, we go to the lancaster raceway park on tuesdays every summer with an 85 trans am

Comment

Hehehe...Buffalo's in MN too.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I've been to Rochester, and through Buffalo to Niagra Falls before, but Rochester is like 6 hours from here and my friend who I used to visit up there moved.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

where-abouts are you from? i'm actually from just outside of nyc originally, just up in rochester for school

Comment

Southern NJ, like 45 mins south of Philly.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by hazardchild69 View Post
                        yea, i'm in NY, what part of buffalo are you from?, my gf's in the Kenmore/ Tonowanda area, we go to the lancaster raceway park on tuesdays every summer with an 85 trans am
                        I'm from Ken-Ton too, I live in Tonawanda.

Comment

ok so update on the situation, i figured out the squealing was not any of the pulleys, i sprayed everything down with rust penetrator and lubricant and the engine was running fine for a couple minutes, then the squealing started back up but the engine didnt stall out so i checked under the hood to see where it was coming from and its coming from the back left hand corner of the engine compartment, theres a decent about of smoke coming from it.. i've been looking for an engine diagram but havent been able to find one yet, any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by hazardchild69 View Post
                            ok so update on the situation, i figured out the squealing was not any of the pulleys, i sprayed everything down with rust penetrator and lubricant and the engine was running fine for a couple minutes, then the squealing started back up but the engine didnt stall out so i checked under the hood to see where it was coming from and its coming from the back left hand corner of the engine compartment, theres a decent about of smoke coming from it.. i've been looking for an engine diagram but havent been able to find one yet, any ideas?
                            When you say back left hand corner are you speaking from the perspective of the driver???

Left=Driver side Right=Pass. side

Comment

it would be the left hand side if you were looking down on the block (it would be on the passenger side of the car from the aspect you were talkiing about)

Comment

so.. i figured out it is the ac compressor that is taking a shit... still not sure what that part in the back is... looks like the rest of the ac system to me?

if i was to pull out the ac compressor etc. would i need to change anything? or can i just pull the belt off and remove the compressor?

Comment

Working...
                                X