Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

{CARB-SWAP}Ok I grounded my duraspark case...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{CARB-SWAP}Ok I grounded my duraspark case...

But yet, still nothing...Still hesitates a under light acceleration...

The box is still a little warm (I didnt drive it far, just to get it up to operating temp) Not smoking hot like it was the other day.... The coil is still cool as a cucumber, and it is mounted in stock location. wtf???

Im prob going to get a duraspark coil, and see if that solves the issue I am having. If not, I will continue to speculate.

The saga continues....
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

yeah that coil might draw too much juice... time for teh canister!
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Slight hesitation is not your coil.
        You have a tuning issue. If your base timing is set and you have no vacuum leaks then you need to tune your carb.

Comment

I agree on teh timing and vac leak thing.

The carb comes from the factory pre-tuned. I stuck mine on, and it runs great, no tweaking required. His carb came from teh same place mine did. It shouldn't make a difference.

Tom-if you decide to go with a canister coil, make sure it has built in ballast resistor, so you can forgo the external resistor or resistor wire. Less of a pain in the ass.
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

This will piss you off Tom, but after I got home from my speedy ride home tonight, my vacuum cannister had more heat to it than my duraspark box the only ground it has is through the dist.

Like I said before, I run a MSD TFI coil without a ballast resistor. If any coil draws too much juice, it oughtta be mine

I think if you get the fuel pressure issue fixed you'll be fine.

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Will a spiked fuel pressure gauge cause a smokin' hot duraspark box?

I think not.
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

this might be so...i was told not to use a high out put coil cuz it might fry the duraspark module.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

:guns: my swap has been fine with an MSD tfl coil

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                  '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                  '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...
                  X