X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.stewartwarner.net/SW%20Pages/SWgaug15.html

http://www.sw-performance.com/#

That is a link to the Stewart Warner spec page for senders. It lists the senders according to gauge "capacity" not sure if they will work as this set is older, but you could call and talk to a tech there. I cannot imagine they have changed much though. The second one is the official site I believe to get tech numbers and so on.
    Last edited by 91grandmarquis; 02-21-2010, 04:09 PM.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      aww that is one I haven't seen before. That would work I suppose on a sunpro gauge..no idea about a warner though.
      I know your issues are solved but I was just snooping around an the part number of that sender from amazon has the wrong picture with it. The part number is Sunpro CP7577 which according to sunpro's website has a sender that looks like I described and would require that adapter to push the sender away from the block:

What they have pictured is the temperature sender.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
        Coolant Temperature

Fact: your only temperature feedback is the engine light whcih tends to come on after you are already overheating

replace the stock sensor found here, next the the alternator bracket brace, with the sensor that comes with the gauge (adapters will be needed, usually included)

(image shows a mechanical type sensor and tubing)

I am working on getting at the very least a temp gauge working before a long trip this week... I just looked in my Haynes manual and it says the sending unit for the gauge is on the intake manifold next to the distributor, but up above it mentions it being next to the alternator bracket. I believe there is one for the idiot light and one for the computer... I just want to be 100% certain I replace the right one. I meant to look for it today, but got sidetracked.

Thanks
        Eric

Comment

Yeah there's two sensors for the coolant temperature like you said.

Mine is going off the one to the right of the distributor behind the alternator bracket. (Circled in red below). The other sensor used by the computer is circled in green.

Pic:

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Yep. Idiot light by alternator, computer by ac compressor.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thank you Slack and 87gtVIC, I appreciate it!
              Got the sending unit wire run and the rest of the electrical almost done before it got too dark and the skeeters came out.

Comment

Working...
              X