Body manual, for a wagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body manual, for a wagon?

I need the manual or some scans of the way to remove the trim around the woodgrain. I want to refinish it sometime and don't want to F it up during removal.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

well for the fender lips, there are nuts on the back and the rest are pressure clips not sure how to take off but i yanked mine off but corners have real tight metal to metal pressure clips bent most of mine during removal
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Yeah, I know about the studs and most of the clips. Just want to double check everything so I don't screw any of it up.

Comment

Scanning my manual now. It'll be for an 86 but I doubt they changed it much.

**edit*

enjoy
        Last edited by gadget73; 04-24-2007, 12:51 AM.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

you da mang Gadget!

Thanks!

Comment

Hey, great information. I've been wondering about some of that too, especially that annoying rear-window trim that I haven't been able to figure out how to get off.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

No problem. I just wish this crap was on CD. Would be a whole lot less time consuming.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                Hey, great information. I've been wondering about some of that too, especially that annoying rear-window trim that I haven't been able to figure out how to get off.
                You don't wanna take that off. It's not pretty under there.
                1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                  You don't wanna take that off. It's not pretty under there.
                  Oodles of skin cancer?
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Are those scans from the Helm/Ford Manuals? I just picked up the Body/Chassis/Electrical and Powertrain/Lubrication/Maintinence Manuals from Helm.They are brand new and were affordable. I got tired of the garbage Haynes and Chilton's Manuals.
                    sigpic
                    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

yes, Ford Helm manuals. The others don't have detail like the factory manuals.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                        Oodles of skin cancer?
                        since that area was getting a trim cover, the engineers didn't bother designing the sheetmetal under there to look pretty. I was going to take mine off, and smooth the back area, but nope, not gonna do THAT much work.
                        1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                        1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                        1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Working...
                        X