Southeast meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JumboFriendly View Post
    I heard back from my boss, I got my vacation, so I'm good to go.
    I'll get the local hotel info and post it a little later.Most of the Marauder guys stay at the Hampton Inn.

02 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS 4.6 ALL STOCK,KYB GAS ADJUSTS,GATOR BACK BELT.SOON TO COME J-MOD,DUAL EXHAUST

Comment

Cool, thanks man. It appears I'll be off from 10/31 to 11/9, so I'll probably come up for the test and tune the day before SSHS.

Comment

Heres a site that has all the hotels in Commerce.Theres another Best Western and a few others about a 1/2 hour away also.
        These Hotels are all within 5 minutes of the track.
        hotels in Commerce Ga
        Last edited by Bills02MGM; 04-26-2007, 10:38 PM.

02 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS 4.6 ALL STOCK,KYB GAS ADJUSTS,GATOR BACK BELT.SOON TO COME J-MOD,DUAL EXHAUST

Comment

Forgot the Hampton Inn,this is where all the happenings are.Hampton Inn

Comment

Good luck finding a room near Commerce the weekend of a race.
            2003 Grand Marquis LS
            Spruce Green with Light Flint leather

Custom Dual Exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers
            Bridgestone Potenza G009 tires
            Monroe SensaTrac shocks
            SilverStar Ultras
            Stealth turn signal bulbs
            AutoSport berber floor mats
            XM radio

Bob is the Oil Guy
            Motor Oil 101

Comment

I'll sleep in the back seat of the Merc if I have to.

Comment

Thats why I posted the hotels early.So anyone interested can make reservations.My wife works at the Best Western thats about a 20 minute ride from there if everything in Commerce is full and I know they weren't even busy SSHS time last year.

Comment

I'm going to try and get my reservations set up as soon as I can. If anybody wants to go in with me on a room, I'm down for that. Let me know here or PM me.

Are we planning on going to the test and tune on Friday night? What about Sunday, should we plan something then, too? Or maybe just meet up for the SSHS? If everyone isn't planning on racing, it may be nice to have an event they'd enjoy too.

I've never done any of this before, if somebody wants to take charge of planning everything, I'd be willing to let them.

*EDIT*
                  The GASSIT website is currently down, so I can't get any information from there. I know this event it put on by a B-body club, does anyone have their forum address?

*EDIT AGAIN*
                  I found an Impala SS forum, not sure if it's the right one, but they're talking about SSHS07 as well. Apparently, the Hampton Inn is booked solid, as of 2-27-07 :jawdrop:
                  Last edited by ; 04-29-2007, 04:03 AM.

Comment

*TRIED TO EDIT AGAIN, BUT COULDN'T*
                    According to Orbitz, the following hotels have no rooms available for that weekend:

Hampton Inn, Commerce
                    Super 8, Commerce
                    Holiday Inn Express, Commerce
                    Best Western, Commerce

Hotels still booking folks:
                    Howard Johnson, Commerce $83/night
                    Comfort Inn, Commerce $79/night
                    America's Best, Commerce $59/night
                    Days Inn, Commerce $52/night
                    Jameson Inn, Commerce $80/night

Also another Comfort Inn, in Jefferson $95/night.

Comment

I'm probably going to stay with friends in Lawrenceville, or on my boat on Lake Lanier.

Those who are having a hard time finding a room might want to consider staying in Gainesville, it's only about 20 miles to the track and there is a ton of lodging and restaraunts (it's a much larger town than Commerce).
                      2003 Grand Marquis LS
                      Spruce Green with Light Flint leather

Custom Dual Exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers
                      Bridgestone Potenza G009 tires
                      Monroe SensaTrac shocks
                      SilverStar Ultras
                      Stealth turn signal bulbs
                      AutoSport berber floor mats
                      XM radio

Bob is the Oil Guy
                      Motor Oil 101

Comment

I'm workin on a group rate through my wifes hotel,its in a little town known as Lavonia Ga.Its about 20 minutes away but my wife tells me the rate should be around $54 a night + tax.
                        I'm also waiting to get some info on what registration is going to be.I know just to spectate was 5 bucks last year.There was plenty of parking everywhere also,so even if we had a small group we probably could be in 1 area not far from the "pits".

PM me if anyone wants my number.Like I said before I'm only about 10 mins or so from the track.
                        Last edited by Bills02MGM; 05-01-2007, 09:46 AM.

Comment

hey come to florida this wk for a meet

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I JUST got my Town Car from down there- I'm not about to bring it back just yet!
                            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                            1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                            1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Brett, what dates are you planning for all this? I'm definitely down for going if we can line up everything and I'd be game for splitting room costs.
                              2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                              1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                              1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I'll probably leave very early Friday, and stay Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. This isn't set it stone or anything, if you have any suggestions or anything, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X