Does this sound like a stock HO cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking it doesn't, as it sounds more "lumpy" than my '87 GT sounded........... And it's coming through much more restrictive exhaust ('87 had E/L headers and an off-road H-pipe, Lincoln has factory 4-cats and factory style duals).

Let me know what you think guys.............

Oh, and you may need to give the volume to her a bit to really hear it...........

http://www.darkfibrecommunications.c...s/Lincoln2.wmv

This is my "mystery" cam that came from that HO motor that my heads came from........... Pulls 15" of vacuum............
    Last edited by OVERKILL; 04-27-2007, 08:21 PM.
    1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

hmm sounds "stock" to me....That car is pretty quiet..
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Sounds a little meaty to me.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter View Post
        hmm sounds "stock" to me....That car is pretty quiet..
        Turn your speakers up, it's not the car that was quiet, it was the recording.
        1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

ok
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

E-cam
            LTD is still here

Comment

Originally posted by 1987LTDmasta View Post
              E-cam
              That's kinda what I'm thinking it is................

Comment

oooh..if that's the E cam, I can't wait to get mine in
                little bit of a lope, but not too much! very kool.
                sigpic
                1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

If that's the case then you are going to need a tune to get it to run well.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
                    If that's the case then you are going to need a tune to get it to run well.
                    Exactly, or convert the car to MAF like I did. It was PIG RICH at idle when it was Speed Density.

Comment

Originally posted by OVERKILL View Post
                      Exactly, or convert the car to MAF like I did. It was PIG RICH at idle when it was Speed Density.
                      yep.

i believe speed density requires 12" of vacuum at idle.
                      LTD is still here

Comment

Originally posted by 1987LTDmasta View Post
                        yep.

i believe speed density requires 12" of vacuum at idle.
                        Oh, I think it's more than that (at least to not run rich). This one pulls 15", my stock HO cam in my stang used to pull ~19" and that's what the stock cam in the TC used to pull too, around 20"............

Comment

Even with a MAF, you will need a tune. It'll run as it is now, but to get those 16 second passes you are going to need a tune.

Comment

To get the absolute MOST out of it? Yes, you are correct. But, to pass an e-test and run decently (which it is doing right now) it's OK the way it is. The reason I converted to MAF was so that it would pass an E-test, which I knew wasn't happening when it was SD.

With a tune, I'm sure there is more power there, but it does run well (and needs a Mustang shift governor) the way she sits.

Comment

Yes, definitely not a stock HO cam, they don't have that distinct lope yours has.
                              Nick
                              88 Colony Park LS
                              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Working...
                              X