No announcement yet.

Does this sound like a stock HO cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno. My cam was supposed to be stock ho. It dont hit and thats what matters. And I do have stock pistons.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
      I thought you couldn't put anything more radical than a stock HO cam into a Town Car unless you change the flat-headed pistons? How did you put a more radical cam in without getting valve slap?
      That's a precautionary measure. The correct way to KNOW if you have clearance is to clay it. I had decent clearance. Cam timing plays a BIG part in how close things are supposed to be, and ideally, you should put a degree wheel on it to set it up.........

The E cam is pretty mild, I would expect it to clear.
      1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

What's claying it?

Comment

You take a piece of clay or play-doh place a blob on your piston under your valves, put on one head with lifter, pushrod etc. and turn over the motor by hand. Take the head off and check to see how close the vlave compressed the clay to the piston.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffBoudah View Post
            You take a piece of clay or play-doh place a blob on your piston under your valves, put on one head with lifter, pushrod etc. and turn over the motor by hand. Take the head off and check to see how close the vlave compressed the clay to the piston.
            Bingo.
            1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

here's an even better link for those Ford Racing 5.0L cams...shows powerbands as well:
              http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=1329
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
              X