FatNasty's 1984 Grand Marquis GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FatNasty's 1984 Grand Marquis GS

Some pics from this spring, and other updates that werent in the readers ride section. Enjoy

My new GMN license plate frame

My new oil pressure and water temp guages

My completed digital cluster

Last edited by FatNasty; 11-06-2009, 09:55 AM. Reason: pic url update

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

are the bare bumpers new???? nice console!!!!!!!

she's lookin sharp mang

and I know who Im rooting for next POTM
    Last edited by 85crownHPP; 05-01-2007, 03:42 AM.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yeah man that's some nice paint too! I never realized how clean that merc was!

Comment

I want details about your center console!!!!!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Engine looks real clean. Why did you take the '79 front bumper back off?
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
            are the bare bumpers new????
            Nope they are the original ones, i had put a '79 bumper on the front a few months back, but it didn't fit right, and wasn't in the best shape. I am still looking for a '79 style, but with the two rubber guards on it so the holes line up with the grille correctly. I put the original bumper back on but polished it up and put some mothers back to black on the guards, that stuff works magic.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
            1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN

I want details about your center console!!!!!

Well i have to give credit to pete(85crownHPP*) for the console, his was my inspiration. But it is basically a wooden frame with vinyl fabric wrapped around it. You can get it at wal-mart for a couple bucks. Used a couple pieces of cardboard for a template to make the sides, then cut them out of plywood. Right now i have a CB radio (mostly for the PA system) two guages and 4 switches for LED's, the CB, and fog lights, but you could easily add another 2 guages, or switch it around a lot and put cup holders or anything else.

Thanks for the comments guys, i plan on cleaning up the engine bay some more, carbswap eventually, some suspension work, K code rear end, dual exhaust, and electric fan swap as soon as i have the money and a wagon for a spare car, hopefully soon!

Comment

wow looks great, ya you just need a 79 bumper off a grand marquis instead of the crown vic one you had,

Comment

Getcha some white letters, or even turn those whitewalls in, and drop some airshocks out back.

Otherwise, your car is superb! Beautiful, clean, custom machine!!!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

yup thats how I did my console too and the one for Natehawks 85... my console thread is lost in CVN somewhere... hhhmm maybe Ill make one for here....
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Get some E7's and a good 351 cam in that sucker, it looks great, very clean. That along with your planned carb swap and dual exhaust will make it almost the dream box. Keep up the great work mang.
                      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I like the digi guages in the cluster. Did you have to change the sending unit in the fuel tank to make it read properly? I know the sender in a Towncar is different from analog to digital dash.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          I like the digi guages in the cluster. Did you have to change the sending unit in the fuel tank to make it read properly? I know the sender in a Towncar is different from analog to digital dash.
                          Yep i changed the fuel sender so it reads correctly. More about it here: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=12841

Comment

sweet pics mang looks really clean

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I want your car man! Keep up the good work.
                              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Working...
                              X