No announcement yet.

FatNasty's 1984 Grand Marquis GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics - are you trying to make me jealous for my car being no longer stock and lacking leather seats? I don't dig the wheels, but whitewalls always look good.

I had never noticed about the bumper block things being spaced differently. You'd think I would have noticed that in my bogus composite signature pic.

I do like the mini-console thing. I did something vaguely similar a while back. It was a lot of fun, but wasn't as nice as that one. Where'd you get the blue vinyl to cover the thing?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      I had never noticed about the bumper block things being spaced differently. You'd think I would have noticed that in my bogus composite signature pic.

I do like the mini-console thing. I did something vaguely similar a while back. It was a lot of fun, but wasn't as nice as that one. Where'd you get the blue vinyl to cover the thing?
      I don't think the bumper blocks are spaced differently, but it seems that the holes on the bumpers with no blocks are wider than bumpers with holes and blocks. Oh and i got the vinyl at wal mart in the craft section

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

yea the gaurds are spaced differntly since before i had my '79 bumper i had a crown vic bumper and on the vic bumper the gaurds where firther apart and dident line up to the grill

Comment

that sure is a nice Merk.
          I like the wheels on it..even with the whitewalls..it looks nice!
          what a beaut!
          dude, I'm diggin' the bare bumpers...kool.
          that interior is real sweet as well!
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by FatNasty View Post
            Nope they are the original ones, i had put a '79 bumper on the front a few months back, but it didn't fit right, and wasn't in the best shape. I am still looking for a '79 style, but with the two rubber guards on it so the holes line up with the grille correctly. I put the original bumper back on but polished it up and put some mothers back to black on the guards, that stuff works magic.
            It just hit me ... you had a good '79 LTD front bumper? Don't suppose you still have it?
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              It just hit me ... you had a good '79 LTD front bumper? Don't suppose you still have it?
              Well i do have it still, but i wouldn't say it was in good shape. Its got some scratches and a little dent. Plus the inner support is all rusted to hell, and the plate frame is completely destroyed. Still might throw it on my wagon when i find one though.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

hey man,, dident you have a 79-82 grill that you where going to put on?? that would look good

Comment

Originally posted by Dave84 View Post
                  hey man,, dident you have a 79-82 grill that you where going to put on?? that would look good
                  Well, i bought the 79-82 grille but never really decided to use it. I like that style grille, but really like the 83-88 one too. It was the first 79-82 marquis i had seen at the u pull it place since i started going there so i just got it to hold on to. I might use it on another car someday.

Also on thursday i went to pull & save and found a K code rear axle in an 85 CV. I didn't have time, the enough tools, or pb blaster to get it but i'm going back monday. Tore off the door tag and tag on the axle so its not as easy to spot, so hopefully its still there monday. Also found a decent looking bumper off an '80 cv with the rubber blocks on it, I'l probably grab that to keep around for another car.

Comment

A couple weeks ago i refurbished my tail lights. Removed everything, took the lights apart, and cleaned them up really good.

Re-painted the chrome on the inside, which really makes the lights brighter. Re-painted the silver lines on the lights since they were scratched and faded.Also repainted the black on the tops of the lights, and used mothers back to black on the black plastic above the lights and in the license plate area.

Very happy with how clean everything turned out, i'd like to make them sequential tails someday too.

i lost a bolt so the right light leans a little slanted until i find the bolt again.

Comment

Went to the junkyard monday and pulled the K code rear axle i found. Removing it wasn't that big of a deal, but damn that thing is heavy, way more than i expected. I was there alone so i had to get it in the trunk without any help. I'd like to add some disk brakes to it if that isn't too difficult, but haven't looked into it much yet. As soon as i get a wagon as a second car i will install the axle, plus new shocks, coils, etc.

Comment

My latest project was adding diamond plate to the front of the engine compartment. I think i saw a pic of a Mark VII that had some under the hood and thought it looked great. Turned out really cool looking, trying to think of what other places might look good.

Also you can see in this pic that i replaced the soup can vacuum canister with a newer style vacuum canister/relay holder thing. I just cut all the stuff out of the original relay spot and stuffed the stock relays in there place, works great and looks much better.

Comment

Damn, that thing just keeps getting better and better. When do you plan on doing engine mods? That thing's gonna be real badass when it runs as good as it looks.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

The diamond plate is a good idea, and helps with cooling too, i'm sure!

Looks great, mang!
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

yea, I like that Diamond plating!
                              sigpic
                              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

The plates make for a nice tool tray I imagine. I'm constantly dropping stuff into the gaping hole between the rad support and the header panel. Its huge on a Lincoln.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X