FatNasty's 1984 Grand Marquis GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatNasty View Post
    I think it could also be the gummy weatherstripping stuff that seals the front and back pieces of the light assembly together. I might see if i can find some of that stuff. Any clue what that stuff is called? I think i remember pete having some once.
    It is called Black Butyl tape. The stuff I am looking at in the 2010 National Automotive Lines catalog is for windshields. 3/16 or 3/8 round. Around $6.00 for 15 feet.
    NAL phone is 1800-428-4300. You can get their catalog.

Comment

Excellent, mang!

Now, you just need to work on the suspension and trans
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Thanks guys, the new tires have been great, wet weather traction improved by about 500% over the old ones.

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        AOD-HIREV is $25 at Summit. Just saying.
        I did purchase this recently, however the instructions say "This kit is intended to be installed along with or after installing the TransGo AOD Performance Shift Kit. Installing this kit without the AOD kit will produce underermined results." Of course it doesn't say this anywhere on summit's site, or even on the box. Has anyone here installed just the governor recalibration kit?

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
        It is called Black Butyl tape. The stuff I am looking at in the 2010 National Automotive Lines catalog is for windshields. 3/16 or 3/8 round. Around $6.00 for 15 feet.
        NAL phone is 1800-428-4300. You can get their catalog.
        Yep, thats the stuff. I more recently found that the plastic on that side is cracked as well, so I'll just be replacing the entire assembly eventually.

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
        Excellent, mang!

Now, you just need to work on the suspension and trans
        Thats the plan, able to fit big brakes now. Next big project will likely be all of the front suspension components.
        Probably sooner will be some new rear shocks, have any suggestions? The rear currently has variable rate cargo coils, poly bushings, and PI sway bar, but just stock shocks.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
        1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Just thought I'd add some more pics of the newer wheels and some info on the spacers I used.

Used 1.5" hubcentric spacers from dp_spec on ebay HERE.

I shopped around forever before I settled on those. Better quality than some of the cheaper sets. Still had to modify the front spacers for this car. Since the hub of the front rotor sticks out so far I had to cut off the extra ring of aluminum on the spacers that bring it back down to the hub size to make them hub/wheel centric. I used a 2.75" hole saw to quickly remove the extra piece. The rotors also have a small lip that make the diameter slightly larger for about a half inch, visible in pic 5. I had to grind a small amount out of the front spacers to accommodate for that.
          The rear spacers needed no work at all.

Its been about a year with the new wheels/tires/spacers and I'm completely satisfied. Pulled the wheels a couple times since to make sure everything was torqued up properly, and turns out it wasn't needed, they stayed right in spec.

Not much else new with the car, still just a daily driver until I finish up school. Car did turn 30 in February though
          Attached Files

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1449 Edit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1274025Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1445.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1274024

Comment

Beautiful!!!

Packman

Comment

wow, talk about a blast from the past. How you been mang?

Wheels look good. V6 Mustang ?
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Looks well on there. The squareness of the wheels fit the vehicle.

I too want to know what the wheels are from.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    wow, talk about a blast from the past. How you been mang?

Wheels look good. V6 Mustang ?
                    Been good, just haven't had much time for car stuff recently. Wheels are takeoffs from a 2013 Mustang GT, good deal through Roush mustangs ebay store

Comment

That car looks great with those wheels.

'93 T-bird
                      '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                      '88 Mark VII
                      '86 CV

Comment

Looks great! Which course(s) are you taking?
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Blast from the past is right!
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                          X