• Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Very nice. That rearend looks really clean. How many miles on the donor?

Comment

that looks great, i thought about doing somthing in my engine compartment like you did with that diamond plate, but never got around to it, and you just inspired me to redo my tail lights, so that might be one of my projects on the weekend,

Comment

Thanks for all the comments!

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
          Damn, that thing just keeps getting better and better. When do you plan on doing engine mods? That thing's gonna be real badass when it runs as good as it looks.
          Hope to do engine mods in the next year or so, i'm just figuring out stuff about cars as i go, and working up to the major stuff. I am going to go carbed as long as i can get as good or better mileage than i do now (15.5 city/18 highway). no clue what else exactly i'm doing engine wise though.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          The plates make for a nice tool tray I imagine. I'm constantly dropping stuff into the gaping hole between the rad support and the header panel. Its huge on a Lincoln.
          Yep, great tool spot. It would work great on a lincoln, that gap is like a black hole!

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
          Very nice. That rearend looks really clean. How many miles on the donor?
          Forgot to check how many miles on the donor, i'm guessing i should re-build it anyways though. Exactly what is involved in that?

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

what is it with the 83-87 tail lights?
            they always like to sag a little...
            your left light looks nice and level, but the right one is sagging a little...Bobert's tail lights did the same thing..but both of his sagged.
            hmm..what gives?
            Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 06-07-2007, 12:54 PM.
            sigpic
            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
              what is it with the 83-87 tail lights?
              they always like to sag a little...
              your left light looks nice and level, but the right one is sagging a little...Bobert's tail lights did the same thing..but both of his sagged.
              hmm..what gives?
              I think it could also be the gummy weatherstripping stuff that seals the front and back pieces of the light assembly together. I might see if i can find some of that stuff. Any clue what that stuff is called? I think i remember pete having some once.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by FatNasty View Post
                Hope to do engine mods in the next year or so, i'm just figuring out stuff about cars as i go, and working up to the major stuff. I am going to go carbed as long as i can get as good or better mileage than i do now (15.5 city/18 highway). no clue what else exactly i'm doing engine wise though.
                I saw a used Motorcraft Variable-Venturi carburetor at a speed shop today ......
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Whats keeping you from doing the sequential tails???
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                    Whats keeping you from doing the sequential tails???
                    Guess i'l look into doing that next, should be pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      I saw a used Motorcraft Variable-Venturi carburetor at a speed shop today ......
                      That is a total oxymoron.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Isn't it, though? It was right alongside some Rochesters (2v and 4v), Holleys, and AFBs.

Comment

I'm still thinking of doing the sequential tail lights as well...lemme know how it works out for ya.
                          sigpic
                          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            Isn't it, though? It was right alongside some Rochesters (2v and 4v), Holleys, and AFBs.
                            Must have been in the "removed because it went slow" pile of stock bs.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

:lol:

Comment

Finally got around to installing the new axle last week. Rebuilt the track lock unit, new inner and outer bearings/seals. 3.55 gears. 97CV disc brakes, moog sedan variable rate cargo coils, es poly bushings, and new shocks (nothing fancy).

Tearing out the old stuff was easy enough, had one bolt get stuck for a while, but the rest were fine. Impact gun makes life a lot easier. Old brake shoes were worn down to nothing and all 4 were cracked in half. Had to burn the old bushings out, i found it easiest to just light them on fire and continue with other work for a while until they burned for like 20 minutes, then just popped them out with a screwdriver. Exhaust got in the way a little removing the passenger side control arms. Everything i removed got a nice fresh coat of paint, black for everything except brake calipers and shocks which got ford blue of course. Installing the bushings can be a bitch, mine didn't come with any directions so it was trial and error finding the best way, or maybe common sense that i didn't have. Clean up the bushing shells really well, and sand the insides down to get all the old bushing out. then grease up the inside of the shells and the bushings go in by hand. Definitely dont just put the grease on the bushing or it gets squeezed off before its all the way in and it gets stuck.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by FatNasty; 08-29-2007, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X