Squigie Weather Stripping on outside of windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squigie Weather Stripping on outside of windows

Hi, got my other weatherstripping problem fixed. So now want to replace the Squigie Weatherstripping on the sides. That wipe the windows from water and stuff. Anyway i wanted to know how to access it so I can remove and replace it. Cause mine's all torn up and deteriorating. Any info will help.

So now I want to replace the Squigie Weatherstripping on the sides. That wipe the windows from water and stuff. Anyway i wanted to know how to access it so I can remove and replace it. Cause mine's all torn up and deteriorating. Any info will help.

Comment

you need to remove the chrome trim. i think there might be one nut visible on each end, and clips across the middle

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

Yea, it's stapled to the chrome trim. One nut on the rear of the door and one on the front of the door. The inside is attached to the door panel.
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Okay, there are bolts holding this chrome trim down. Is that all that holds it down?

Comment

'95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

I guess not?

Comment

Help him, or don't provide input.
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I did help him fucker. Get off my ass.
                    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Maybe this will help you? Here is a pic from the body manual.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by 86GmLsCoupe; 05-27-2007, 03:38 AM.
                      sigpic
                      1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                      Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi View Post
                        you need to remove the chrome trim. i think there might be one nut visible on each end, and clips across the middle
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

If it gives you any trouble, let me know and I'll see if there's anymore diagrams I can post.
                            sigpic
                            1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                            Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X