Teh 87 Grand Marquis coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teh 87 Grand Marquis coupe

For those who havent heard, I bought 87mefull's car. The car is almost 95% rust free. I've been slowly wrenchin on it in my free time. I just lowered it today and am slowly swapping parts from my black car on it. Not much time to post a big write up but enjoy the pics in the mean time.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Looks awesome. The Bullets look good on it, or any Panther for that matter.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

yea, I really like the stance on it now. I cant wait to get the rears on..looks kinda hokey right now. My exhaust needs to go on too... its a bit to quiet for my unrefined tastes.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

aw nice!!!!!!!! I want a 2 door!!!
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

thats going to be sweet,, cant wait to see it when its done

Comment

nice pete how much did you get for the 85?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I never sold it, I'm swapping all the parts over on the 2dr. Taking off any good parts as spares and junking it. Its beyond the point where I can do anything to fix it. Its just too much rust.

Comment

I like the drop and the wheels. Would look good on my car. Hmmm...

Comment

nice car mang!!! It would look sick on your car!

The drop was super easy, took me an hour or so. I got the procedure down pat! Take out the shocks, Pop the sway bar end links off, remove calipers and rotors, loosen ball joint nut so its about 3 turns from coming off. hit the spindle and ball joint with a sledge. put a jack under the lower control arm and drop it. Pop the coils out and cut em. Assemble it right back up and enjoy teh lowness. Endedup having to buy new shocks cause the one blew and squirted oil everywhere. So I got a pair of gas shocks at Vatozone.

Comment

Did you cut off exactly 180 degrees off the coil? How's the ride?

Comment

nice

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Glad you finally got a rust free car Pete. Can't wait to see it built up.:slug:
                        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                          Did you cut off exactly 180 degrees off the coil? How's the ride?
                          where the coil ends, you cut the coil right below it. I think it would be 360*. It rides nice tho, its a little tighter but I think that has to do mostly with the low profile 17in tires. You increase the spring rate when you cut them but I didnt notice any drastic change.

Comment

I'm glad to see you finally got a good solid,rust free box to build up.Treasure it mang!;and don't ever get rid of it.

Comment

NEVER!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X