Teh 87 Grand Marquis coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking 2DR! Keep us posted

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

New pics as promised, I washed the car quick. Notice the straight front bumper! I'm really pissed that I havent got my tires yet so I'm riding all half ass for right now. I want to take it to the shows but I dont want to get laughed at for that. So I guess I'll keep working and wait. I also fixed the seat belts so they retract now and ripped out some sound deadener and carpet pading behine the rear seat. I gotta say tho, the car is so nice to work on cause it has so little rust. Its almost like a new car. Enjoy!

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Get some burnout videos when you get those rear tires. BTW, it looks good.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Thats going to look mint when you get you back tires,, im loving thoes marker lights without the orange,,, i cant beleve im the one who thaught of that and im the only one who dosent have that done yet

Comment

nice pete hows that alarm working out are you going to scrap the 85 or keep it as a parts car?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by Dave84 View Post
              Thats going to look mint when you get you back tires,, im loving thoes marker lights without the orange,,, i cant beleve im the one who thaught of that and im the only one who dosent have that done yet
              Haha... yeah, I dunno why you havent done it yet either. I think it makes the car look a ton better. That was a good idea!

The 85 is gonna stay for a little bit till I get most everything off it. Then its going to the yard. You can see it in the backround getting taken apart piece by piece. I miss that car even tho the 87 is 100x better.

I gotta throw my exhaust on asap cause this car is way too quite for me. Its not gonna be the same without my motor in there tho, that was a hot 302!

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave84 View Post
                im loving thoes marker lights without the orange,,, i cant beleve im the one who thaught of that and im the only one who dosent have that done yet
                Yep, you definitely have to do it, it was a great idea. Since it is pretty much the only orange piece on the car, it really looks a lot cleaner without it.

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post
                I gotta throw my exhaust on asap cause this car is way too quite for me. Its not gonna be the same without my motor in there tho, that was a hot 302!
                Are you not swapping that motor to the 2 door?

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

lookin' great Pete!
                  great stance..can't wait to see the lower rears!
                  sigpic
                  1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Wow, that's a beautiful car!

I hate to say it, but the chrome actually looks great on there, too!
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

hey how you doing them lenses?
                      i dont have a grand marquis, but i wanna know

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                        hey how you doing them lenses?
                        i dont have a grand marquis, but i wanna know
                        The orange reflector piece is just held on with a little glue to the clear part. If you're lucky you can pop the whole thing off in one try then just scrape/sand any extra glue off. Sometimes you have to break it off in little pieces until it is all gone. Looks great when its done though.

Comment

Originally posted by FatNasty View Post
                          Yep, you definitely have to do it, it was a great idea. Since it is pretty much the only orange piece on the car, it really looks a lot cleaner without it.

Are you not swapping that motor to the 2 door?
                          No, I building a 351 for it. If I have time I might drop the block and stuff off at the Machine shop and make a run down to Summit to get some parts. I dont know what I'm gonna do with the 302, I might rering it and throw the E7's I have lying around on it and put it in my truck or somthing if nobody buys em.

But yea, chip the orange stuff off. I used varying grits of sand paper to get the glue and stuff off. Worked it with 1500 wet sand, then meguire's plast-X polish.

Comment

Man that is sharp. I can't wait to see it with all 4 bullitts on it.
                            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Update-

I threw in a trac-loc carrier this weekend. So now I got a 3.27 posi! I'm not satisfied tho, so when I scrape more cash together I'm going to get some 4.10's or 3.73's.

Comment

Working...
                              X