X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow that looks incredible mang!
    i hope toms car comes out as nice

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

your dad has skills!!! did you clearcoat???
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Wow, that looks INCREDIBLE!!!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Awesome work - when are you starting on my car?!
          -Matt
          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Thanks everyone.

The paint is a single stage urethane, so no clear coat was nessesary. It is supposed to hold up better to the elements as well.

I get to spray the wagon in a few weeks .
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Your work came out really great. You got me thinking about doing some paint work on my car. Mine as of now seriously needs the hood, roof, and trunk lid done, the rest of the paint is holding up well for now. I went to a few shops today to find out some info and see what options I'd have, Ideally, I'd wanna prep it and just have them lay down the paint. I went to three places and most were pretty rude about my car, one wouldn't answer any questions w/o $25 for an estimate and flat out said they'd cost to much (and the car had bodywork at this shop several years ago, which I'm having to repair yet again), they don't want to waste their time, and they don't want to do bad work. Plus they suggested Macco, which honestly makes me cringe. So I decided I'm going to do it all myself. I have a ton of questions, but for a start, what brand and type of sprayer did you use? Did you use the same primer over metal and the old paint/primer?
              sigpic
              1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
              Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

I prefer the vinyl...

But it looks good! It's pretty cool to actually see a full documentary on the conversion too.
                1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Very Nice Ben!

I am Impressed!You easily have the nicest slicktop I have ever seen.Your dad has some serious skills!
                  Last edited by LTDMan83; 07-04-2007, 04:17 AM.

Comment

I've found that maaco type places are good at spraying, but suck at prep work...
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Yep, Maaco is a great spray and pay place. To be honest, as long as you don't run, spaying is pretty easy. Pretty much all of the cost of a high dollar paint job is in the prep work.

Comment

Yeah, spraying is fairly easy with some practice. Especially solid single stage paints. Metallics can look weird if you spray them too heavy and clears run easy. We spent 3 weeks doing prep work (on and off) and 45 minutes doing the actual painting. Macco isn't too bad if you make them use good paint and prep it yourself.

The paint gun is an older DevilBiss conventional (vs HVLP).
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Sweeeeet....

This needs to be archived!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Good idea Nate. Thou shall be done.
                            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I'm most likely going to end up just doing the prep work and bring it this guy that shot a fender for my first car a few years back. He does decent work and I'll make sure to get some good quality paint like Dupont or PPG (BC/CC). When I sand down the old paint and work on dents/ect, is there anything I can use to keep any exposed metal from rusting till it gets into the shop? I would use a spray primer but I read the lacquer in it shrinks and I don't know if the guy would scuff every last bit of it off before laying down the proper primer for the paint. Should I just throw a tarp over the car?
                              sigpic
                              1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                              Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88 View Post
                                Good idea Nate. Thou shall be done.
                                Yay!!!

Wait. I shall be done? By whom? Is she hot? Or at least somewhat warm? Aww heck, if she's got a pulse anyway, I guess that's good enough...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                                X