Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that looks great man, everything matches nicely. In all seriousness, would you be interested in assisting me with woodgrain removal if I do it?
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

very nice mang, look's great

Comment

Awesome results! Car looks great!
        sigpic

Comment

Thing should be SIC when it is done.....I love slicktops!
          -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
          -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

funny i just saw this thread, i am doing the oppsite gonna put a full vinyl on the 79 which was a factory slick top.

Comment

Originally posted by panther7t9 View Post
              funny i just saw this thread, i am doing the oppsite gonna put a full vinyl on the 79 which was a factory slick top.
              That thing is a marquis with a factory slicktop? That is too rare. Don't do it!
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i was thinkin bout the whoe slick top thing, but i found a dude that re-did my whole ragtop for $150.

any recent updates?

4thPanther..03 MGM LS
                previous panthers: 87 MGM, 85 CV 2 DOOR, 89 MGM.

Comment

Sold the car in June. The slicktop conversion part still looked good. It was the rest of the paint that looked like crap. I should have painted the whole car, did an HO EFI/T5 conversion, and drove it till it rotted.
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

On your slick top coversion, how did you change the rear window trim. What did you to for the trim on the quarter for the vinyl top. My top is white and the window trim is the white plastic same for the trim on the quarter.

2011 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition
                    Dual Exhaust w/ AP XLerator mufflers and 3 1/2" tips, Eibach 1" rear sway bar, Pioneer Head unit and speakers, 17X8 Drag DR-72 wheels

RIP 1984 2Dr Crown Vic "The Millennium Falcon"
                    Carbed 5.0 HO w/nitrous , Performer RPM intake, GT40P heads, E303 cam, FRP Shorties, FRP 9mm plug wires, Off-Road H-pipe, Magnaflow round mufflers, 2000 rpm stall
                    NA-15.78@91.21, 80hp shot-14.48@96.21

Comment

you have to find the chrome rear window trim from a sedan or a two door and you need the chrome 1/4 window trims from a two door

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I thought i would add to this thread, so many people look at it for the slick top process. i know i have read it two or three times.lol I don't like to spread bondo too thick, so i welded in some metal in the seams instead of filling them full of bondo. of course u still need to use some bondo to get it nice and smooth.

Just an idea for others doing this later down the road..
                        sigpic

Comment

eny one got a picture of a "slick top".. i have no idea what that is..

Comment

slicktop conversion = getting rid of the vinyl roof.

Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
                              ah kool...yea, I'll just have it replaced then...
                              sounds like a PITA to go slicktop in my case.
                              if it didn't have the "coach" style top, I MIGHT consider going slicktop...but I'm not too big on it for some reason on MGMs or TCs.
                              that's why I planned to just replace it anyway...would be much easier.
                              costly, tho...$450.
                              but it's cracking EVERYWHERE..if it was only a few cracks, I'd leave it, but it needs to be redone....maybe I'll post a good pic of it soon.
                              I have no idea what kind of top i have but i wanna go slicktop so bad.
                              1985 Mercury Grand Marquis ls-302 CFI
                              Carb swap planned .
                              c90 heads
                              475 lift cam
                              Weind stealth intake(looking for reasonable air gap or manifold for 2bblsidedraft)
                              Built aod(want c6 tryin to fin vac mod model)
                              331 stroker kit
                              Work in progress

Comment

Old pics won't load, I wanted to see the step-by-step process!
                                1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Working...
                                X