The Colony Park is in Michigan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mag wheel cleanup

And here are some shots of the two Westerns I've done some cleaning-up on. I scrubbed the whole things down with brake cleaner and a Scotch-Brite, then put some gray hammertone Rust-Oleum in between the spokes and cleaned the raised bits up with sandpaper. Incidentally, I did check the wheel sizes, and the rears are 15x10 and the fronts 15x8.5. Looking pretty good now, though I think some of you will agree that it'd almost look better with a 295/50 tire out back instead of those tall 275/60s. Anywho, I also included a couple pics of one of the not-yet-cleaned front wheels so you can see what the rears looked like when I started.
    Attached Files
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Wow cleaned up they look sweet. Nice work.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I didn't know yours were unilug.

Comment

Nice mang

Comment

Thanks to all for the compliments! I've enjoyed taking some funky antiques and making them look nice. Yeah Blaze, these are most definitely drilled as unilug (Uni-yuk?), which is why I was surprised that yours aren't.

Comment

Well that's why it took 6 years of shopping to find em. And I think yours have a couple more fins than mine too. They all look so damn good though.

Comment

You know a funny thing I noticed while I was cleaning the turbines? On the two 15x8.5s, the centers are styled slightly differently. One has kind of a groove around it - I'll have to try to get some good pictures of the difference. Doesn't really bother me, since a person won't normally notice it, but I thought it was kind of odd!

Comment

Very ncie Mike!
                  I'm liking the wheels!
                  sigpic
                  1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Thanks, as usual! :blushes out of modesty:

I'm enjoying the thing a little more with the addition of my free "resonators" and the rejetting of the carburetor back to its stock configuration. It's doing surprisingly well even with 87 octane and 12 degrees of initial timing. It's too bad I didn't bring a camera with me on this Indiana trip I'm on right now, because the stance is really settling out pretty well .... though a recent pavement-scraping incident during some low-RPM acceleration testing in a parking lot suggests that I'm in slightly more dire need of heavy-rate front springs than I realized.

Comment

One has to love the cop wheels...I think they make any car look better. I'm a big fan of both cars!
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Thanks, man! I'm always flattered when folks notice my little Reader's Rides threads.

Which reminds me, I should put a link in here to the pics torquelover took at our NW Indiana mini-meet last weekend. We had a great time, and I was really impressed with his car, and he seemed to think mine was okay.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=17434

And finally, a couple extra pics I took when we went for the inspection at our new house. With any luck closing will be this Thursday. The last pic is a Vic that appears to live a few doors down the street. How's that for cool neighbors?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Fun pic of the Colony Park in my new garage. Unfortunately, the angle of the light really highlights the nasty rattlecan paint touch-ups all over the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0117.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	1248441

Comment

Hey, your nasty rattlecan paint touch-ups still look WAY nicer than my nasty rattlecan paint touch-ups, where the color doesn't even come CLOSE to matching.

And, mmm...new garagey goodness...

I'm guessing that's a detached garage since it looks like it's a pole barn style deal. Yes?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I guess shades of white make it easier to touch up with Rustoleum without it looking super-crazy-obnoxiously-obviously-wrong .....

Yep, apparently polebarns are legal construction in Holt. That'll make things lots easier when we get around to adding a second one.

Did I mention that this is the first time I've had access to a garage since 1999?
                              Last edited by 1987cp; 07-31-2007, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Sweeeet...now get teh wifey's car out of there so you have room for some tools!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                                X