No announcement yet.

The Colony Park is in Michigan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hehe. Actually, the LTD is in the right side right now, with the tailgate malfunctioning and the intake off. And the left side is currently cluttered with a couch and a kitchen cart that hasn't yet been unboxed. I'm really chomping at the bit to drive down and get all my junk from my mom's shed (more tools, ramps, big jack, extra doors, new windshield, 351 block, engine hoist, etc.), but alas, that has to wait till we're moved in.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp
      but alas, that has to wait till we're moved in.
      Not if you don't mind sleeping in the car...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        Thanks, man! I'm always flattered when folks notice my little Reader's Rides threads.

Which reminds me, I should put a link in here to the pics torquelover took at our NW Indiana mini-meet last weekend. We had a great time, and I was really impressed with his car, and he seemed to think mine was okay.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=17434

And finally, a couple extra pics I took when we went for the inspection at our new house. With any luck closing will be this Thursday. The last pic is a Vic that appears to live a few doors down the street. How's that for cool neighbors?
        Hey man. Dunno how I missed this thread. Your car was a lot better than just okay. Loved the wheels and the high RPM pull. Too bad it was too late when we met up, man was I tired. When I went to work a couple of hours after getting home from this, I wouldn't have made it without the Nine Inch Nails playing on the Mark's JBL. My car is just a low-end torque monster, with a trans that wants to shift higher than the motor likes. Now off to check out your new house. Wow, that's a clean garage!

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
          Hey man. Dunno how I missed this thread. Your car was a lot better than just okay. Loved the wheels and the high RPM pull. Too bad it was too late when we met up, man was I tired. When I went to work a couple of hours after getting home from this, I wouldn't have made it without the Nine Inch Nails playing on the Mark's JBL. My car is just a low-end torque monster, with a trans that wants to shift higher than the motor likes. Now off to check out your new house. Wow, that's a clean garage!
          Thanks for the compliments! I just swapped on the Performer 289 manifold yesterday, and the entire torque curve is much fattened and fairly flat. I think I'll save the Offy for a motor with better heads and a fatter cam. Surprisingly (or maybe not for those familiar with this manifold), the top end is as much improved as the low end, with a steady pull all the way from idle to at least 5500 and less of the lazy-then-peaky nature you observed.

And yeah, the garage was a lot cleaner before I started piling junk in there, such as a ratty LTD awaiting a used factory 4V intake and tailgate repairs. If I ever finish with the bathroom plumbing (ick ... does this nasty drain water even come off? :p), I'll have to get more pics showing the mess!
          Last edited by 1987cp; 08-03-2007, 01:11 AM.

Comment

hmm..I never noticed before...but I just saw that you have the 88-91 style hood emblem...nice.
            but I personally like the 83-87 a little more.

but I'm guessing yours got ripped off or it was gone when u bought the car...yes/no?
            sigpic
            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              I did see an older gentleman sitting outside the insurance company two doors down in a 1963 Studebaker truck. I hadn't known Studebaker had made trucks, and the guy said it had a 289-cid Studebaker V8 (I hadn't known they did V8s, either!) with a three-on-the-tree and that the sheetmetal forward of the bed was identical to the Studebaker Lark. I didn't get any pics, but had a great chat.
              GASP! You didn't know stude made v-8s?!?!?
              The following are pictures of my dad's 1963 Studebaker Avanti R2 supercharged. The Avanti was responsible for crushing quite a few land speed records at bonneville at its inception.

Here's a picture of my 1957 President Classic, under the hood: a 4-bbl studebaker 289 that runs better than my '01 Impala.

My dad also has a '64 pickup like the one you described. Studebaker made MANY trucks. They were the ones who made a mojority of the 2 1/2 ton trucks used by Allied Forces durring WWII. They also produced many of the engines that powered B-17s. Need to know anything more about studebakers? Just ask me!

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
              1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
                hmm..I never noticed before...but I just saw that you have the 88-91 style hood emblem...nice.
                but I personally like the 83-87 a little more.

but I'm guessing yours got ripped off or it was gone when u bought the car...yes/no?
                Nope, still got the original hood ornament somewhere, plus an extra I got off the replacement nosecone. (One of them I tried painting black, but it didn't work very well.) But I like the later ornament so much better I couldn't resist even when the junkyard dude wanted $5 for it. (the '90 Vic hood ornament on the LTD was basically free at a different yard)

And Moneypit, is there any brand of automobile you don't know about? You must know about Packards and Auburns and everything! :worship: Got any underhood pics of that Avanti?

Comment

Dude, Michael, you shoulda knowed Stude had a 289...:nonono:

And I'm your Packard mang, just so you know. Have a look see at my avatar.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Okay, hm.... trying to think of questions to ask about Packards ..... like when I was in first-semester calculus, I almost don't know enough to ask questions .... don't even know what year they went out of production! :p

Comment

More complex question than you'd think--the last "true" Packards came out in about '56, but they were bought out by Studebaker, and Stude started selling their cars with the Packard nameplate on 'em...they're referred to as "Packardbakers". The last car to come out with the Packard nameplate was in '58--the Packard Hawk. And lemme tell ya, that car done got whupped wit de uuuuugly stick...

Okay, I'll de-hijack your thread now. How's teh CP liking Michigan?

Comment

Eh, could be worse. Mostly I think it's enjoying my having a place to work on it without the constant paranoia that apartment management types will try to tow it. Yesterday it actually got a bath for the first time in what seems like decades. Got the heavy/awkward stuff moved over the weekend, so today I'm back at the apartment for an hour or so to bring down at least one of the computers to make sure the DSL has actually been transfered. Which I'm doubting since it's evidently still connected here, but who knows how these things work.

I do have some more pictures that I'm going to post if I ever locate the diskette ....

Comment

You have the pictures on a diskette? What is this, 1997? :p

Comment

Nope, 2007, and it just happens my father-in-law's old Mavica is a dashed nifty little camera, besides being free.

Comment

Hey, here are those shots I mentioned. They're not very good pictures, but I was taking some of the other pics I've posted recently and had just washed the car, plus I wanted pics of the garage.

Speaking of which, I don't think I've posted any shots yet of my bucket seats. I'll have to get on that. :p
                              Attached Files

Comment

Did you get PI buckets?

Comment

Working...
                                X