No announcement yet.

The Colony Park is in Michigan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also had a random urge to take some nighttime shots. Click on these thumbs and then browse the rest of the gallery ......

Last edited by 1987cp; 11-20-2007, 03:58 AM.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

More previews - here's the gauge panel in its current state. The perimeter holes are planned to house socket-head machine screws that will thread into T-nuts in the wood behind.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 1987cp; 11-24-2007, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Nice, I cant wait to see what it looks like all installed.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

New developments ....

Wow, it's been a while since I updated this thread. I've got a few new developments to mention ....

First, some of you may have seen my "Colony Park not starting!" thread. I honestly still don't know exactly why the car wasn't starting, but it was definitely ignition-related, because when I completely rebuilt the ignition system from scratch with 10 and 12 gauge wire and a new module, and swapped out the distributor inductor assembly for a known good unit, the thing started. Well, actually that's not quite correct - the car was still refusing to start, when I suddenly realized that one of my nice new 10 AWG coil leads that I had so carefully sealed with heat-shrink tubing like all my new junctions ........ get ready ............ hadn't been crimped. Crimped that terminal and the car fired right up. Can we say ? :p

Second, a minor item, I swapped my four-hole carb spacer insert for the open one. This is based on a post somewhere by one of the more experienced forum members claiming that if you put an open spacer on your low-RPM dual plane intake, you'll enhance high-RPM performance somewhat without losing much, if any, on the low end. I was skeptical at the time, but especially since it's free (my spacer came with two inserts), I'm giving it a try.

Third, I was reading some threads tonight about swapping around turn-signal switches and other similar items. This got me thinking about the two turn signal switches I had. One, in the '87, was a perfectly good later-model Box multifunction switch. The other, in the '79, was of course the early model that incorporated the horn function by pushing in on the turn signal stalk, and was still mostly working except that it'd gotten very hard to apply the turn signals (lots of slop in the lever). I neglected to take pictures, but in short, I removed both multifunction assemblies and removed the terminal parts. I discovered that the only internal difference was the presence of the horn button on the older unit. I also discovered that the problem with my older assembly was that the part the collar the stalk goes into had broken off from the rest of the switch. I switch-a-roo'd some parts and soon had a good early-style switch assembly, which I then took and installed in the car, eliminating the need for the ridiculous momentary button I've had taped to the multifunction stalk for the past several months.

Finally, playing with multifunction switches reminded me that my steering wheel was still its original blue, which was beginning to clash more and more with nearby parts such as the black leather aftermarket grip, the black-painted wheel center heisted from the other car, my new black instrument panel, and the newly black column trim that I still haven't reinstalled. Conveniently I'd just read a thread that mentioned how to remove the cruise-control switches from the wheel, so I yanked the wheel, did that, and took it inside and cleaned and painted it. Attached is a pic of the result.
          Attached Files

Comment

Packmang requested some vids over in the "what are you working on?" thread ..... here are the three I have so far, took 'em this afternoon, especially for Packie's viewing ecstacy!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              Packmang requested some vids over in the "what are you working on?" thread ..... here are the three I have so far, took 'em this afternoon, especially for Packie's viewing ecstacy!
              I just watched them for a third time. Your car still has some rumble, but I think the camera is probably picking more of it up than in person. My ma's car is actually pretty quiet when you're standing next to it, however, as I walk away, the rumble gets progressively pronounced. I am now finally going to log off and go to bed.................well maybe I'll watch them one more time.......just one more time.

Packman

Comment

I know, it's still louder than it might be for all my talk about keeping it quiet. Has a weird aggressive growl from under the floorboards when you floor it at low speeds. I definitely need to modify the damping weights for reinstallation to eliminate some of the remaining resonance ..... I'm torn on whether to wait and get QuietFlow mufflers and maybe even matching resonators, or say screw it and put on the Flowmasters I have sitting in the garage. I guess I could try the Flowmasters and take it for a drive to see if it's likely to lead to hearing damage ... they certainly weren't working out on the other car, but this one likes somewhat higher engine RPMs, plus the X and H crossovers resonate differently, so possibly it won't be as bad.

Comment

Nah, just leave it as-is. Why go through the trouble of re-doing the exhaust? Unless you're a compulsive perfectionist:p.

Packman

Comment

LOL - yeah, well, it's functional as-is, so it's going to be quite a while before I do anything different with it since there's plenty of other stuff to attend to.

Comment

Sounds much better in person. Although I though it was just the right amount of volume, wait for the Quietflows if you must have it quieter.

Comment

burnout videos?????
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                          Sounds much better in person. Although I though it was just the right amount of volume, wait for the Quietflows if you must have it quieter.
                          when I was at mike's 2 weeks ago we took a drive in the wagon. sounded just right to me.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                            when I was at mike's 2 weeks ago we took a drive in the wagon. sounded just right to me.
                            Yep. Just the right amount of tone and sound. I was on the fence about quieting my Vic before. After the 1987cp rides, I am going quieter next time for sure. (My car is a little loud)

Comment

thats where having more than one comes in handy.
                              One quiet... one loud... if the 85 gets enough pep from future mods... shes gonna get loud
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
                                burnout videos?????
                                I have this thing about traffic tickets - they aren't me. :shrugs:

Comment

Working...
                                X