The new toy... '95 Mark VIII *Large DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new toy... '95 Mark VIII *Large DUW*

Those of you who don't browse CVN much probably have not seen or heard about my new toy, a '95 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC. Those of you that do get to see it again :tongue:

I bought it 2 weeks ago as a fun car to play around with. It has all it's original documentation, and is pretty much fully loaded. It has a nice feel to it, and really is a major head tuner.

Here are a bunch of pictures following my post-purchase detail session on the car:

I will start with the exterior;

It took sooo much work to get the finish like this:

Many more exterior pics here: http://www.supermotors.net/mygarage/...7603&sID=57465

Interior:

More interior pics here: http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/7603/57467

I love that wrap-around dash!
    The interior is pretty much stock, however, it appears the seats have been changed out at some point by the dealer.

The engine bay.

Pics:

More engine bay pics here: http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/7603/57468

You can read the entire detailing procedure in this thread: http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...page=1&fpart=1
    The car is slightly modified. On the exterior a LMS body kit is complimented by a 4 corner air suspension lowering. Monochromatic trims come courtesy the LSC package, however there are a few more trims which the prev owner had painted to match. Through the rear bumper cutouts is the aftermarket dual round tips. I don't like the gold emblems they put on it, though, I will be changing them. New Magnaflow tips are WTBI
    It runs silky smooth, power delivery is awesome. The PCM has a chip, and the exhaust has been modified slightly - but it sounds near-stock.
    The interior is virtually all-stock except for 35% tint.

I will be modding the car some as well. I plan to make a seperate page on my site for the Mark and it's upgrades.

Thanks for looking!
    -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
    My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
    Modifications
    Click My Merc for more Pics!

WOW! That is sharp man. You slinging dope to get all these clean rides? LOL
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Ohhhhh damn!
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Sweet mercifull crap. I love those cars. You definatly got a couple of the cleanest mid 90's fords I've seen
        sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
        Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
        Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
        1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

Looks a little low, but damn it's nice. Is the ride height adjustable?
          Nick
          88 Colony Park LS
          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

They're cool. My buddy had one and we did some work to it. The only shitty thing was the rear filler light took a shit and was expensive to fix.
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Thanks!

No Zack, no dope slingin' :P

Originally posted by 88MercWagon View Post
              Looks a little low, but damn it's nice. Is the ride height adjustable?
              Yes, the ride height is adjustable via the 4 corner height sensors. It sits VERY low when off (like in the pics) however it raises up a bit over an inch once it's turned on.
              On the highway, the car drops back to this height once you hit ~63 mph for better stability. Pretty cool stuff.
              Modifications

Comment

theres a 93 down the street for 1500 obo.......i'm tempted but my mn12 thunderbird will have to suit me

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I had an MN12 ('93 t-bird w/ 5.0HO) for a short time as well. It drives similar to the Mark, and as most know shares quite a few suspension/'chassis' components to the FN10. Overall I prefer the Marks, but I've always been more of a Lincoln guy. I still think the t-birds have some sharp lines to them, and those souped up SCs are bada$$ looking

For $1500 you may be taking a gamble with that Mark's mechanical condition. Most know these cars aint exactly like a panther in regards to reliability
                  Modifications

Comment

I was thinking that looked a bit lower than stock. You've also got one of the nicer wheel options on it. My boss had a 93 with the snowflakes. It was a nice car, but it sat too high (i thought) and had a bit too much chrome. The LSC package on those really sharpens them up, and the ground effect kit on it is very nice too. They're cool cars, I wouldn't mind having one, but from what I've heard they're a bit fragile and moody with the mechanicals/electricals.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by drock96marquis View Post
                      Thanks!

No Zack, no dope slingin' :P

Yes, the ride height is adjustable via the 4 corner height sensors. It sits VERY low when off (like in the pics) however it raises up a bit over an inch once it's turned on.
                      On the highway, the car drops back to this height once you hit ~63 mph for better stability. Pretty cool stuff.
                      That's pretty cool man. Good luck with it.
                      Nick
                      88 Colony Park LS
                      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        They're cool cars, I wouldn't mind having one, but from what I've heard they're a bit fragile and moody with the mechanicals/electricals.
                        Being an owner of a '94 Deep Jewel Green on Saddle, I can confirm the fragility and moodiness, especially with sensors/plug wires. However, it's all worth it with these cars. Any weak points are well documented, and there are a lot of bulletproof systems on this car. If you do join us, check this out first:

http://www.markviii.org/psjs_faqs/index.shtml

drock96marquis, as I said on CVN, very nice and I love your skills with paint!

Comment

Those things are going to be awesome deals like mark vii's in a few years and they look amazing all cleaned up. Good buy.
                          -Matt
                          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

i love good condition mark8's.

unfortunately they turn to absolute crap inside if neglected

but looks like you got a good one
                            GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                            1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                            99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                            03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                            95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Thanks guys

seneeb - this car was a little rough around the edges when I bought it, but it cleaned up nice. You should see the before pic of the engine bay
                              Modifications

Comment

Working...
                              X