No announcement yet.

The new toy... '95 Mark VIII *Large DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man, not that your car is stock, but what's the Mark like to drive? How's the ride? Would it be similar to my '90 Turd? U found one for sale locally and seeing yours has gotten me hooked on them.
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon View Post
      Hey man, not that your car is stock, but what's the Mark like to drive? How's the ride? Would it be similar to my '90 Turd? U found one for sale locally and seeing yours has gotten me hooked on them.

It's an absolute pleasure to drive. Power delivery, ride quality, handling and comfort and amenities are all what you would expect from a luxury sport coupe.

I'd assume your '90 is comparable to the '93 t-bird I owned-

Driving it reminds me of my 93 T-bird some, but much improved. The steering feels similar, but the EVo is more effective on the Mark VIII. The ride quality is smoother on the Mark when cruising than the T-bird, and the Mark also handles better in the turns. I'd say the ride quality is similar to an HPP panther - so it's pretty good.
      I thought the brakes would be the same, but the Mark clearly has much mroe stopping power.
      My '93 was a 5.0HO, and this car will dust it. Hell, even my Merc would blow my old T-bird away LOL
      The power delivery is much more smooth, clean and responsive. It never feels underpowered. Gas mileage is excellent, though I did not buy one with fuel costs in mind
      The interior is no comparison - the Mark is much more refined, though that's like comparing a Town Car to a CV - it is expected that the Lincoln will have a nicer fit and finish. There are no rattles, it has a very cool look to the dash, and is very spacious with the front seats fully slid back.
      I think it's a nicer looking car, but those souped up Tbird SCs are pretty cool looking as well. This car gets me stares everywhere I go, i can't say the same for my T-bird.

I'd say if you're looking for a car that is familiar to your t-bird, but nicer overall, you'd like a Mark VIIII
      -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
      My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
      Modifications
      Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

drock brother, i need you go like go over my car! how much do you charge??
        GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
        1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
        99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
        03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
        95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by drock96marquis View Post
          Yep, the current exhaust is modified - I've ordered Dynomax super turbos and Magnflow tips to top it off.
          Wow I'm delayed in replying to this, lol.

I bet that sounds badass. If/when you put up a soundclip, I better be one of the first to know!!

Hopefully I'll have my Dynomax's on soon, lol.
          1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
          1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
          1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Sound clips will come once I get them installed. I've not had time to put them on yet because I'm spending a lot of time cruising around in it LOL
            Modifications

Comment

As long as it gets done... then I guess that's enough for me.
              1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
              1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
              1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Here's a quick update.

I ditched the gold plated emblems which the previous owner had done in favor of some nice shiny chrome ones :banana:

I also monochromed/color-matched my trunk lock cover - it was also gold plated and I think the monochrome treatment better matches my blacked out trim and gives it more of a genII LSC look.

Pics:

Before:

After:

Much better IMO
                I just could not adjust to the gold emblems :tongue2:
                Modifications

Comment

Originally posted by drock96marquis View Post
                  Here's a quick update.

I ditched the gold plated emblems which the previous owner had done in favor of some nice shiny chrome ones :banana:

I also monochromed/color-matched my trunk lock cover - it was also gold plated and I think the monochrome treatment better matches my blacked out trim and gives it more of a genII LSC look.

AWESOME!!! I love this car Drock! I nominate you for non-Panther of the month!
                  Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                  Bone stock... for now.

Comment

lol..non-POTM...I like that.

ooh..that sure is a nice Mark VIII...now I want one
                    those gold emblems looked ghey anyway...black is MUCH better.
                    nice job!

if I ever get one, I'll put 3.73s on it...kooks headers...and a computer tune...maybe even the Cobra cams and intake....
                    but that's not for a LONG time.
                    sigpic
                    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Cams are the same as the Cobra up until '98, and with the Cobra intake you lose massive low end torque, as Drock stated earlier in this thread.

BTW, I now want one as well, and I'm seriously looking at a few locally.
                      Nick
                      88 Colony Park LS
                      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

hmm..I always thought the cobra cams were different...I musta been mistaken.
                        sigpic
                        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I like the monochromed trunk lock. Looks good.

Does that have the automatic air suspension on it? That's one helluva ride right there.

sigpic
                          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                            I like the monochromed trunk lock. Looks good.

Does that have the automatic air suspension on it? That's one helluva ride right there.
                            Thanks

Yes sir it does, standard equipment on all the Mark VIIIs
                            Modifications

Comment

Working...
                            X