No announcement yet.

Piotr's 359ci Windsor Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to big of a mess for me to even want to deal with so I'm buying a Painless 18 circuit harness to replace it with. I just cut all the old shit out, left the pigtails for the door accessories, lights and ect. Should be fun. I think I cut close to 25lbs of wire out.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Document that wiring job for us, as it's going to be needed for many older boxes.

Comment

I'll do the best I can, its more of a custom job than replacement as I dont have any factory accessories except a few lights and power windows and locks. Plus I'll be using toggle and rocker switches mounted in a shifter console and one panel in the dash.

Oh you are gonna love this Tom... Making aluminum door panels is much easier that I anticipated. The top of the door panel is galvanized steel and has the rubber anti rattle strips mounted to it. The card board is just punched to it and when you rip the vinyl off as well as the card board, it makes it easy to fab a 2'x4' sheet of aluminum to it.

Cut out holes for the switches and door handle and mount it up. I'm just gonna paint the top metal piece black and rivet the aluminum sheet the the top. Then zip screw it to the door. Should be easy and under 30 bux.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i was going to make aluminum door panels, but the cardboard is so light, i think going aluminum will actually add weight
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

very true, I might come out with the same wieght by deleting the arm rests and all that jazz. If not at least it will look a bit more serious.

Comment

a bit of advice if you leave the bare aluminum exposed it will get HOT. i noticed a big difference with the aluminum deck lid and rear seat delete, really reflects heat into the car. in strong sun, door panels might cook you, or burn your arm if you get too close
                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Lets play electrical engineer!! Just picked up a wiring harness and 100 amp 1 wire alt amoung other things.

Ordered the c4 today too, should be here in 1-2.5 weeks. The guys at redneck are good people, nice and professional. Speaking with them confirmed all the good feedback they been getting.

Comment

The wiring harness sounds like it might be a fun project (seriously).
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Hell yeah!

Time to haul ass now, mang
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                        Its gonna be a royal pain in the ass. I'm hoping I can tie into the factory harnesses for the headlights and tails, power windows ect... I think this is becoming increasingly impossible.

Comment

C4 shows up friday!!

Comment

hehe all-riiight!!
                            sigpic
                            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Just got it home, looks good... I keep laughing cause its camo. Sorry to ruin your exclusive theme deuce. Gonna cool off and snap some pics and maybe toss it in, I dont know, Maybe I'll finish wiring the car first.

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                                I can assure that it really isnt!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X