Almost got my Capri running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost got my Capri running!

OK, so, since the move, I haven't had a lot of time to work on the car up until recently.

Nick came over last night and helped me with the trans install, crossmember was coated with several coats of Kryptonite and Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings installed, along with new stainless bolts.

I also bought a set of FMS aluminum valve covers, so I took some pics, now that the engine is sitting where it's supposed to so it doesn't look goofy I also got my CAI figured out so that I didn't have to cut the inner fender, and the MAF will be inside the fender.

So, this is a before shot, just showing the engine sitting right in the bay, with the CAI how it's going to be routed:

And in case nobody has seen what the big-ass ports on a TFS-R upper/lower look like, here's a couple pics, note that you can see Cobra's port work from back when he ported heads a bit in the runners:

And a couple pics of the engine with the valve covers installed, no upper:

And one with the upper installed (just has threaded rod holding it in place, waiting on stud kit for the 1" spacer):

1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

nice! where do you get the braided line with the quic connects?.......that would be nice to replace the 20 year old plastic lines.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Running a 5 speed, I hope!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
        Running a 5 speed, I hope!
        But of course! Broke my T5 a few years back, finally got it into the tranny shop, so it's all nice and fresh!
        1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
          nice! where do you get the braided line with the quic connects?.......that would be nice to replace the 20 year old plastic lines.
          I made the lines, they just have standard AN fittings on both ends, the adaptors came from Autoparts Extra, I don't remember who makes them, but they are pretty slick eh?

Comment

Oh I like that, I like it a lot! Need a vid or two when you're done.
            Packman

Comment

A shot of the heads/rockers to show that Mobil 1 does in fact work

Comment

Originally posted by OVERKILL View Post
                I made the lines, they just have standard AN fittings on both ends, the adaptors came from Autoparts Extra, I don't remember who makes them, but they are pretty slick eh?
                They should be listed in Summit from Aeroquip or one of the other vendors...

Comment

Working...
                X