CB communication??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB communication??

Who's got CB radios that they can use while we are making trips wherever we may be going that weekend?
    I know Thaine and Scott (if he hooked it back up yet) do, anyone else?? I dont have one in the 91 but I was thinking of getting a hand-held if it might come in handy.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

i am gonna be putting one in my car. i have had it and never installed it yet. now thats something else on my list of things to do.

change waterpump
    spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor
    install CB
    finish roof of car
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

I've got one.
      1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
      FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

i can keep the base station on.......what channel? give a shout when you get close

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

How about 33......
          1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
          FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

any one have a spare one i want one my car even has the wiring for it

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

theres a truck stop just outside of town here I might go see if they have any blue backlit ones NO!!!! bad pete, step away from the wallet....
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I have big stuff with tubes that can be run on 12v if you don't mine the scream of an old school oscillator circuit to get the plate voltage running. I should install my old yellow Robyn in something, it would get a lot of 'wtf?' looks.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So, what channel? I'm curious how far out I can be heard. The mobile in my car does pretty well, especially with the 2 pill I have under the seat. I wonder if I can make it from the top of 501 to the shop.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

crap... i forgot all about this. Ive been spending too much money already for trip "stuff" hhmmm might not have one this year
                    sigpic

Comment

Don't you have one in the 85? Borrow it for the trip. If you have an antenna, I think I have something laying around you can use over the weekend. Old 23 channel stuff but it works. My JC Penny rig kicks a fair amount of ass, and with the right switch flipping, it even does most of the 40 channels.

Comment

eehhh.... but then Id have to take the backseat out and all the trim up to fish the cable out... then put it all back in.

If i get one of those cheap single channel hand-helds can we make whatever channel I get the "official" channel?
                        sigpic

Comment

theres a few of my oldies but goodies here thain......a midland and a fanon courier, and a couple old cobras......no antennas here tho

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

i have a couple antennas i can bring. i STILL need a magnet mount for my car. question is now where am i gonna mount the S.O.B. i need to see how somebody else has there CB mounted and where it is. i have my tripod gauges under the ashtray so that area is out of the question.
                            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

I had a couple Fannon-Couriers in years past, good radios. Had a neat base that had plug in modules for the assorted circuits, one board for the transmitter, one for the tuner, one for receive, and one for audio amp. Awesome set to work on, just unplug the board, solder away, plug it back in. Also had a Fannon mobile that kicked ass. Don't know what happened to it. I remember it had a teeny tiny meter and channel display, but the radio itself was great. I also had a massive 40 channel SSB Courier Gladiator rig, was about 2x the size of your average mobile and kicked ass. Never ran it as a mobile but it made a hell of a base station.

Comment

Working...
                              X