No announcement yet.

My Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No progress on the cam swap as of yet. But for my driving comfort I managed to fix the AC. It was a combination of issues. 1 being the blend door cable was misadjusted. I replaced it a while ago after my old one binded up and broke, and I suppose I never set it right because it never fully closed. Also on one of my heatercore/ dash down adventures, I managed to break a piece off of the air box behind the dash. So some of the cold air was just blowing on the back of the radio and heater controls. So now, driving at about 65mph with fan on high, the temperature out of the vents is a chilling 41 degrees! I'm also gonna get a pusher fan for ac idle performance. Just sitting the temp goes up about 10 degrees in both the engine and the dash vents. Putting a garden hose aimed at the passenger side of the condensor alleviated this issue and pulled the cooling down to 38 degrees at the vents and the compressor actually started to cycle. That's much better than cruising at 55 degrees.

Comment

Well. Over the course of Saturday night and a majority of Sunday, with the help of a bunch of friends, I managed to swap the cam out, change the valve springs, replace damaged valve seals, and clean up some stuff under the hood. Pics to come...

Comment

Sounds like a productive weekend. Must have sweated your asses off. It hotter than balls on Saturday here.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

So that would make it a hot cam? *ducking rotten produce*

That beast must sound pretty wicked right now

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
            So that would make it a hot cam? *ducking rotten produce*

That beast must sound pretty wicked right now

Packman
            It sounds very throaty now. I like it.

Yeah it was pretty hot on Saturday, my friend had a pool however. So whenever we took a break we just hopped in the pool and cooled off.

Comment

What did you have before, Explorer cam?
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                What did you have before, Explorer cam?
                yes. The cobra cam off the line pulls about as hard as the explorer. Once you get to higher rpms, it really starts to haul!

Comment

I cannot wait to see your car at SF. I was just going back through your pages reading about everything you have done
                  2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
                  2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
                  1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

Pure awesomeness I can't wait for scottfest I gotta go for a ride

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I gotta get it back to my tuner's dyno, and see what it puts down at the wheels now.

Comment

Where the hell are the pics John!!!?
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Where the hell are the pics John!!!?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Vicky Engine No Valvetrain.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1269518
                          You get 1 because that's all I've taken. haha. Through reassembly I lost my cellphone so I don't have any pics of the rockers installed or the valve springs either. But you can stare at how clean the valley is. mmmm.

Comment

Pics? eff that i want to see a frakkin video! and not just idle either a nice drive by or something would be in order.
                            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

probably not gonna happen unless I get to dragstrip or something...

Comment

I'll bring my camera... we'll get some nice rumble vids if nothing else.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X