My Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigMerc96 View Post
    Interesting that the traction control doesn't work without the PCM communication. I've been trying to come up with a way to make my '98s traction control work without pulling the engine power back, make it work like my Town Car's did (before the module went poof) where it just pulses the brakes on the slipping wheel. That was remarkably effective once I got used to it, but because the '98 pulls back the power it makes pulling out into traffic on a slippery surface a bit fun when I'm not expecting it, "Oh, you wanted to accelerate? I'm just gonna take away all of your power because the RR tire slipped a tiny bit".
    That is because it's looking for an rpm signal that isn't there. So without that communication between the two, the traction control won't work. This is all speculation at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      That is because it's looking for an rpm signal that isn't there. So without that communication between the two, the traction control won't work. This is all speculation at this point.
      It makes sense. My old '02 GT's traction control system (I think) consisted of cutting spark to the engine when wheel spin was detected. It wasn't very sophistocated. I usually left it off.
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Working...
      X