My Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Vicky

Hi again!! Just thought I'd make a page dedicated to my car Vicky. If you haven't seen my sig, then you don't know what year she is. She is a 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX. With stock everything. Except the engine which is still a 302. No mods. Just put an engine in last October. She's running great. Have to re-time her though. Well without further ado, here she is!!!!!!
    Sorry if these pics are huge.

This was a pic I had when the old engine was in it. Well you can't tell anyway cause the hood's not open.
    These pics were taken in my autoshop of my high school:

This is a pic of the car without an engine.

This is another pic of the car without an engine.

These are my engines. The one in the car now is the one on the stand. My old engine is on the ground.
    Back home:

There is the engine, in the car, all nice and snug.
    After polishing and wax:

I like this view.

From the back.

I read somewhere on here that a tip to taking good pics was taking them from the ground looking up. It has made a great effect!

I thought I'd get another picture of her with the lights on.
    These pics could only be taken in these places because she is not able to be driven on the road yet. So when she is. Sometime this year, I will have new pictures taken.

The original owner, I do not know. But the owner I do know, is my sister who was the final owner of the car before it was "retired" to the backyard. It was left there due to a blown head gasket. That was seven years ago, on October 30th, 2000. In 2005, in mid may, I took a battery and stuck it in there. The battery was too dead to start it. So I took my dad's jumper box and started the car. It turned over with no hesitation, surprisingly after sitting for 5 years. As the engine warmed up, the smoke rose up from under the hood. I quickly shut the car off and ran away, thinking it was going to burst into flames. (DUMB!!!!!) So when I realized that it wasn't going to blow up I went back to the car and started it again. And from then on I swore that I would restore the car to it's best. I now have the car in the auto shop of my high school, where I successfully swapped my engine with one of an '88T-Bird. And now I am just trying to get it ready for the road. So when I get money, I'll get her insured registered and inspected.

Comment

nice mang she looks good.

Since you have had practice putting a motor in, you can drop in the stroker motor yes?
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yea mang....thanx for making this thread. Actually I have seen your cardomain page. I was scanning cardomain one day and found your Vic...thats kinda cool to know that you are the same guy. Haha....nice car mang....always great to see another Vic back on the road.
        -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
        -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
          nice mang she looks good.

Since you have had practice putting a motor in, you can drop in the stroker motor yes?
          LOL. I would love to do that. I don't have any money to do that. I was thinking, that I would get a second Vic, and go crazy with everything in it.
          There was a vic that was the same color as mine inside and out. So I could do all sorts of stuff with that one.

And you saw my Vic page on Cardomain? Why you not comment it? LOL. I'm kinda glad that I made it. Cause that's how I found GMN.

Comment

very nice pics dude!
            sure looks like its in great shape.
            sigpic
            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              And you saw my Vic page on Cardomain? Why you not comment it?
              I am not a member and only members can comment....I will be when I get a car though.
              -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
              -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Oh. Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
                  very nice pics dude!
                  sure looks like its in great shape.
                  Thanks! That really means a lot.

Comment

Lookin' great, mang!

I can appriciate the effort you used to install that engine, too!!
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

So the engine in now is the T-Bird motor or is it one you will be puttin in??

Comment

Is in. Lol. I wish I had a video of the car with the old engine in it.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                          I wish I had a video of the car with the old engine in it.
                          Why??

Comment

It sounded cool. I kinda liked the noise. Lol. not so much the smoke.

Comment

wow that thing looks nice mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X