Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank ya thank ya

Comment

Old update, but I thought I'd add it to the reader's ride thread.

As you know I recently did gauges in Vicky, and I put them in the easiest spot I could mount them. See for yourself.

The trim was off which is why it looks weird. I gotta take some more pics. I only have these two...

Temperature Voltage Oil Pressure

I needed to get gauges because of the overheating problem. Pisses me off. Whatever.
      I see now, when the car is idling, at regular operating temps, the oil psi is a little under 50. Which was a little surprising, but maybe that's because I put a new oil pump in.
      Temperature stays at 200* with the heater running full blast. (I didn't get a fan clutch yet) The volts at idle are pathetic though, I'm wondering if my idle is too low. (Referring to that idle air screw on the TB) I wired the lights through the ashtray light. They work, but I need brighter lights. The blue light covers kinda block some of the light. Not that I care right now, cause she's not on the road yet. But that's all the updates right now.
      Last edited by 86VickyLX; 11-08-2007, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Glad to see your givin her another lease on life. When is she gonna be back tearing up the streets again?

Comment

Sometime this year. I gotta get a few things done before she can. (Tires, inspection, Insurance, Registration, etc.)

Comment

I can't believe that I haven't posted in this thread! What the heck is wrong with me. I didn't know that you have an 88 T-Bird engine in your car. That must perform a bit better than the stock lopo. I just read about your speaker install too; it seems like you got a nice project.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
              I can't believe that I haven't posted in this thread! What the heck is wrong with me. I didn't know that you have an 88 T-Bird engine in your car. That must perform a bit better than the stock lopo. I just read about your speaker install too; it seems like you got a nice project.

Packman
              Well the T-Bird also used the Lopo so
              it wouldn't be different performance wise. But I think I read somewhere that the newer ones were stronger blocks or something. Yeah I just put those speakers in. And I got some lighted door panels and I'm putting them on and I'm working on getting the TV cable back in. And putting in the clip for the gear selector. So it tells me which gear I'm in :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                And putting in the clip for the gear selector. So it tells me which gear I'm in :lol:

That happened to my Malibu a month after driving it. It just popped and that was it. I drove the car for 11 yrs. w/o a gear selector. It used to make my mom nervous driving it and a few of the ex's wouldn't go near the car lol.

Packman

Comment

That happened to my Malibu a month after driving it. It just popped and that was it. I drove the car for 11 yrs. w/o a gear selector. It used to make my mom nervous driving it and a few of the ex's wouldn't go near the car lol.

Packman
                  Lol. Just remember PRNDD1

Comment

When I had the BBC/TH350 in the Malibu, I had to manually shift because it was set up like that. Somehow my father was able to make the column shifter work with the tranny. After they showed me how to manually shift, I had no need for the gear selector. I still don't look at it in the CV. Which reminds me; I gotta teach my mom how to manually shift her car. She likes it when I go through each gear (except OD on the streets).

Packman

Comment

BTW how is the car?

Comment

BTW how is the car?

My bad! My ma's car is running good, I just spent the better part of this week painting the exhaust on it. I have some pics of the project, that I had to do at night because the smell would get complaints during the day when people are out.

Packman

Comment

Floor it and make 'em choke on it!! :p it is legal with all the emissions stuff right?

Comment

Anyway, I got the interior back together and got the lighted door panels in. They look like they were in the car to begine with. The door speakers make it sound much better and I fixed the door lock that I was having problems with. I still need to do the column shifter, and test the TV pressure. Will have pics sooner or later.

Comment

Anyway, I got the interior back together and got the lighted door panels in. They look like they were in the car to begine with. The door speakers make it sound much better and I fixed the door lock that I was having problems with. I still need to do the column shifter, and test the TV pressure. Will have pics sooner or later.

Did you get the lighted door panels from a MGM? I would do that myself, but I don't expect to keep the vinyl top and make the CV a slick top. I am not a vinyl fan. What size are the door speakers? I know at some point I am going to go through the audio system in the CV. I got the Pioneer 6x9s out of my Malibu and I will use them in the CV along with a new head unit. I figured that I would replace the door speakers as well. I see you were having problems with your door locks too. One of my rear locks doesn't unlock and the master switch for the rest of them doesn't work either. When I get the car painted I am definitely going to work on getting those locks functioning again.

Packman

Comment

Did you get the lighted door panels from a MGM? I would do that myself, but I don't expect to keep the vinyl top and make the CV a slick top. I am not a vinyl fan. What size are the door speakers? I know at some point I am going to go through the audio system in the CV. I got the Pioneer 6x9s out of my Malibu and I will use them in the CV along with a new head unit. I figured that I would replace the door speakers as well. I see you were having problems with your door locks too. One of my rear locks doesn't unlock and the master switch for the rest of them doesn't work either. When I get the car painted I am definitely going to work on getting those locks functioning again.

Packman
                                I got the lighted panels from an MGM. The door speakers are from an post-facelift MGM. The front door locks were bad. They were seized in unlocked position. I have a couple doorlock switches, if you need one. You need to show me your Ma's vic one of these days.
                                The actual door lock actuator replacement is easy especially if you have a rivet gun. If you want I could just disconnect the actuator and you can lock the rear one by hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X