Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Pics!!!! Interior Pics yeah!
    Lighted Door Panel!!!

Front Interior, column cover not on due to shift indicator work.

Other lighted door panel

Comment

Damn, it's like I am looking at the inside of my ma's car. I see you ain't afraid of doing electrical work either. I am still working up the courage to take the doors apart and getting the back window and lock to work again.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
        Damn, it's like I am looking at the inside of my ma's car. I see you ain't afraid of doing electrical work either. I am still working up the courage to take the doors apart and getting the back window and lock to work again.

Packman
        it's really easy just be sure to be careful when you are removing the door panel, so you don't brake the cardboard and get those stupid white lock things stuck in the door frame.

Comment

I want to close up the steering column but I ran into a problem...
          I need this part.
          It goes on the shifter, held by a bolt. The wire from the shift indicator goes around this, and when you pull on the shift lever, this part is what pulls the wire to show you what gear you're in.
          Sorry it's so blurry.
          Last edited by 86VickyLX; 01-21-2008, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I had to do that in my Malibu and the door panels were never the same again. I tried looking for those little plastic fasteners, but I couldn't find any. When I get my ma's car painted, I am definitely going to fix or get somebody to fix all of the door locks.

One of these days I'll get down to south Jersey. I used to have a friend who lived by PA and there was this two lane highway that I used to take. I always saw hot rods racing up and down that road. I used to get a kick out of the guys who wanted to race me thinking that my Malibu was a drag car. Yeah, perhaps when the weather gets a bit warmer I'll take a trip down there and see your CV.

Packman
            Last edited by packman; 01-21-2008, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
              I had to do that in my Malibu and the door panels were never the same again. I tried looking for those little plastic fasteners, but I couldn't find any. When I get my ma's car painted, I am definitely going to fix or get somebody to fix all of the door locks.

Packman
              I can do it! Just get the parts!
              10 bucks per job. I need money and I love working on vics, so I'd get money and I'd be making people's cars work!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                I want to close up the steering column but I ran into a problem...
                I need this part.
                It goes on the shifter, held by a bolt. The wire from the shift indicator goes around this, and when you pull on the shift lever, this part is what pulls the wire to show you what gear you're in.
                Sorry it's so blurry.

This is a picture from gadget's shifter lever removal. the black thing, more of a grey in this picture is the thing I need.

Comment

Looks great I can't wait till you get it on the road, I'll have to see it in person sometime! I wish you luck.
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                    Looks great I can't wait till you get it on the road, I'll have to see it in person sometime! I wish you luck.
                    Thanks mang!!
                    Update: I got the shifter indicator cable lever. The black thing that is in the pictures above.

Comment

The shifter is working now, and I am in the process of putting in Automatic Headlamps in the car. Thanks to Dereck, I have a simplified headligt wiring diagram, so when I get the relay and the wires, I will put the car back together again. I'll take some pictures of it tomorrow, since I have a busy day today and I won't be home until later on. I am also thinking about putting in a second light for the back of the car. What I mean is the light that is on the headliner, I was thinking of putting a second one up in the back. What do you guys think of that?

Comment

Nice! one step closer to havin a usable car haha. I think a second light is a good idea if you plan on having people sit in the back, I know my light is great for front and back but yours may be different. What else is left to be done before you can take it on the road? Oh and I'll keep an eye out for that rear blue floor mat.
                        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Nice! one step closer to havin a usable car haha. I think a second light is a good idea if you plan on having people sit in the back, I know my light is great for front and back but yours may be different. What else is left to be done before you can take it on the road? Oh and I'll keep an eye out for that rear blue floor mat.
                          Thanks. The light is the one with the two maplights on the side. I need to get tires for her, get her registered, insured, and inspected and she'll be good to go.

I also need a gas gauge btw. Have you ever had your instrument panel off before?

Comment

umm yes i have but not completly apart
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

umm yes i have but not completly apart
                              You know how to separate the white part from the speedo itself?

Remove the bolts on the back of the speedo. There should be two. Any bolts that bolt to the white, separate them. Then it's two bolts for the gauge. You'll know the ones because they're on the opposite side the gauge is.

Comment

Ok, so you want me to pick up one of those for you when I'm at the junk yard? Are there any wires or such that go to the gauge that you want with it?
                                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X