• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    no fucking way...
    Hahaha I cant being myself to do it either

Comment

I'm at the dragstrip testing my car's metal again. Running similar times from last time with a 30 degree difference. This time I have videos courtesy of my friend... Looking good! It's pretty busy here today. Should be fun!

Comment

Alrighty, the numbers are in...
        Got 4 runs in this time. It was really packed.
        1. 16.15 @ 85.16mph
        2. 16.04 @ 85.99mph
        3. 15.96 @ 86.51mph
        4. 15.80 @ 87.08mph

Comment

The AOD is sucking a lot of power out, need a T5
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Yes! finally in the 15's!
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
              The AOD is sucking a lot of power out, need a T5
              gonna say tis once, autos are better for racing. manual vb ftw!
              89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                gonna say tis once, autos are better for racing. manual vb ftw!
                Reverse manual VB FTW!!

Comment

autos are more consistant than a stick, sure. Not totally sure I buy that a manual VB helps this though, since it sort of puts the human element back in there.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    autos are more consistant than a stick, sure. Not totally sure I buy that a manual VB helps this though, since it sort of puts the human element back in there.
                    In my case, my trans shifts way too early for me to let it shift by itself. I figure though with a nice shift kit and an HO governor it might be good to let it shift itself again. anyway here come the videos. Here's my first. The rest are uploading and I'll probably be asleep by the time they're done. Here you go...

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 03-25-2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Outstanding sir!

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Here's another one, my computer was being slow as shit. I don't know how to embed youtube videos anymore. the youtube tags don't work... Someone fix?
                        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 03-25-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I fix for you. Nice runs!
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            I fix for you. Nice runs!
                            Thanks sir. I have two more to upload when I get home. How does one embed youtube videos on GMN now?

Comment

You copy the youtube link while viewing your video and then paste it into the little box that appears after you click the film strip looking button.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

or if you want to use the yt tags, you gotta just post the end of the link in the "share" field from youtube. say it's youtu.be/xxxxxxxxx and you want to post it... then [ yt ] xxxxxxxxx [ /yt ] is what you need. then you can post multiple vids at a time. if you just want one vid, use the film strip icon and it'll be in widescreen format.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X