Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pics of the Mark VIII! *DUW*

You know you wanted more

A few days ago I installed some Magnaflow slash cut and rolled, double wall oblong tips. I ended up choosing these as all of my other choices did not fit through the 'body kit' lower valance cutouts, or were just way too off in inlet size. I installed these same tips on my Marquis, and was very pleased with them. The tips that were put on the car by the previous owner were SHOT, completely falling apart inside, and chunks were falling out as I lopped off the mufflers with the sawzall

I also installed some 2.25" i/o Dynomax super turbo 14" case mufflers at the same time. They have a nice, deep sound to them, but still a conservative volume. No drone, and little cabin noise at cruising speeds. The stock exhaust was dead silent lol.

Here are some pics, I also snapped some new exterior shots:

MANY more here: http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/7603/58720

I will be painting the centers matte black like I did on the Marquis' tips. I didn't get a chance to paint them yet (obviously) but here are some photochops to give you an idea of what it will look like:

I think it looks better like that. But your opinions are welcome

You can see a glimpse of the mufflers there, they're both mounted at a 45 degree angle; symmetrical to each other, for clearance and proper positioning - plus it looks damn cool

Thanks for looking!
    -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
    My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
    Modifications
    Click My Merc for more Pics!

Looks much better!

Comment

thems are some killer pics Drock!
      the tips look great mang!
      I really like this pic:

it would look great with a combined sig pic of the Merc. :heyhey:
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I'm hoping to buy one of these cars by the end of summer, and I'm largely inspired by yours. The only thing is I want to find a '97-'98 model, because the styling is a little more updated, and the build quality seems a little nicer. Another things is, I've heard that the headlights on the 1st gen, especially the high beams, are roughly equivalent to a candle in a hurricane? Is that true?
        Nick
        88 Colony Park LS
        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon View Post
          I'm hoping to buy one of these cars by the end of summer, and I'm largely inspired by yours. The only thing is I want to find a '97-'98 model, because the styling is a little more updated, and the build quality seems a little nicer. Another things is, I've heard that the headlights on the 1st gen, especially the high beams, are roughly equivalent to a candle in a hurricane? Is that true?
          The '97-'98s have more of a timeless look to them, kind of like the 98-02 Town Cars - they don't look dated at all.
          The '93-'96, though they have nice attributes, will always look like a '90s' car with the very slim low profile lamps, sharp edged grille, etc.

The GenII interior is nicer looking overall, however they don't hold up very well :oops: But if you find one in nice shape just keep it maintained and it should be fine for you

The headlamps aren't the best, that's for sure. The high beams are pretty bright, though. The low beams are not very effective.

The low beams in my Marquis, with xtravisions and relay upgrade, are almost as bright as the Mark's high beams, but wit ha different cutoff point. :p

I have everything ready for a relay upgrade on the Mark.
          Modifications

Comment

Oh, I love those tips... can't wait for a soundclip!!
            1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
            1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
            1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Hey thanks for the info man. I've been at ads and on eBay, and the prices on these cars seem very reasonable. I appreciate you taking the time out to fill me in. Besides the faulty air bags and compressor, is there anything else I should look out for regarding these cars?
              Nick
              88 Colony Park LS
              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

beautiful!
                if you ever need used parts, ez pull has a ton of mk8's

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

No problem, 88Merc - if you ever need any second opinions on one / etc. feel free to PM me

Things to look out for?
                  There are minor things through the years, but when you go to look at one make sure you try EVERY feature in the car to test operation, and both door handles! I don't know quite enough about those cars yet to give you too much of a detailed list, so be conscious as you would any used car - thoroughly inspect everything you can. If it looks 'beat on', I'd walk away - it will probably give you trouble IMO.

lincolnmania
                  I'm very interested - where is this 'ez pull' you mentioned?
                  Modifications

Comment

not too far from me......new ringgold pa www.wehavecars.com

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

nice derek

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                      X