Valve Stem Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve Stem Seals

My '94 Grand Marquis has the infamous leaky valve stem oil seals. I'm perfectly fine about the way it is, because i always check the oil and the rest of the underhood fluids along with tire psi every fill-up. I'm just curious if anyone with the leaky valve stem seals has used valvoline maxlife oil or castrol high mileage... with any type of success in lessening the amount of oil consumption?

Not shure what year fordd changed the intake ports from high swirl to tumble ports 94 might have been the last yer for swirl. The high swirl ports chevy did it to caused some of the worst cylinder and rig wear I have ever seen. I would have the compression checked to conferm if its seals or rings.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Thanks for the info mang.
      I'm just curious if maxlife and other motor oils claiming to be formulated for high mileage vehicles specializing in reducing oil consumption actually would work

Comment

Ford "corrected" the valve seal issue in '96.

As for MaxLife, etc....I don't know of anyone that has tried it. At least no one that has posted results of said use. You could give it a shot and let everyone know how it works for you.

Ray
        Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
        Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Marquis View Post
          Ford "corrected" the valve seal issue in '96.

As for MaxLife, etc....I don't know of anyone that has tried it. At least no one that has posted results of said use. You could give it a shot and let everyone know how it works for you.

Ray
          I believe 96 was also the year Ford introduced the high tumble heads.

Comment

As far as oil goes that Lucas stuff seems to slow it down used it in several vehicles.

Comment

allright mang i'll do the next oil change with maxlife keep everyone posted.
              Just curious which monroe front shocks are good for keeping the grandpa-style ride on the marquis? how quickly can the average shop change the front shocks? they seem pretty accessible from the top and bottom.

Comment

Working...
              X