SVT Vic from the passenger seat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVT Vic from the passenger seat!

Well my seats bracket was squeaking, and it is annoyingly loud, but the video is ok. The camera man is one of my roommates.

86 Crown Victoria, I was running to the store to get some stuff and figured I'd get some video. T5 manual swap, 3.55 torsion rear, 95 5.0L HO, 275/40/R17 on all corners.

Not too shabby. Might wat to eventually take the column shifter out though.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Good god, you fellas just wont let that slide for one minute lol.

Comment

That's freakin awesome man, good job. I can't wait until I get the 5-spd in my Thunderbird.
        Nick
        88 Colony Park LS
        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I'd leave the column shifter on...then you have a choice of Manual or Automatic.
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
            Good god, you fellas just wont let that slide for one minute lol.

It's called a "half assed job" LMAO.

Car sounds great. The speedo views aren't impressing me. WOT banging through the gears for half a mile, look down...35-40mph.

Any track vids?

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
              WOT banging through the gears for half a mile, look down...35-40mph.
              What? I guess it's deceiving, because I shift into 2nd at 35mph. I only got on it full throttle twice. I need to get my other roommate to take the video, he would do a much better job IMO.
              Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 08-16-2007, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Yeah, it's decieving. Because it seems like it moves rather well. Just need track vids... (get the hint?)

Comment

Yeah, it's decieving. Because it seems like it moves rather well. Just need track vids... (get the hint?)
                  Need camcorder!!! Hopefully someone with one can follow me for a lap or two at the next event.

Comment

Can you have passengers? I have a camcorder. Though with the aftermarket seats, I don't have a mount that'd work.

Comment

Very nice.. just explain me one thing? How is it in park the whole time? (I can't get over the auto shifter still being there).

Perhaps the carpet will help squelch the squeaky seats?

Also, there is something very intriguing about a full size car with a manual trans in it... has to be because they're so unpopular.

Nice work nonetheless. Just get a better camera crew.
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Can you have passengers? I have a camcorder. Though with the aftermarket seats, I don't have a mount that'd work.
                        I haven't been driving with this group for long enough to carry my own passengers, especially since I'm required to have an instructor to scare the day lights out of. Also I forgot that the person that I go to the track with that has the camcorder will not be there at the next event.

Comment

nice johnnie

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Your car only gets better every time I see it - keep havin' fun.
                            -Matt
                            1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I like
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                              X