No announcement yet.

Gauges.*DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanx Jumbo...I'll try to get pics...but we'll see.

I bought it like that...brand new...right off Summit.

I guess I drove a mile already.
    Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 08-21-2007, 11:25 PM.
    sigpic
    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I honestly wasn't expecting them to look that good. I had my eye on the set I thought I wanted, that were about the same price (no trans temp though), but now I'm not sure. I guess I'll have to see what they look like in the car. Hurry up already!

Here is what I had my eye on...

Comment

JF: those look like old school Stewart-Warner gauges or something. I like it.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

They are Stewart-Warners, good call. I like the even older-school looking Green Line series, but they're mega-pricey. Just a speedo and tach would be about $100 more than the other full kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
            Not yet, but waiting to put them in GMGT

I already got the custom speedo cable for em...
            Custom speedo cable? Details? Pictures?

Nice-looking gauge set there Colin - of course, you'd think I would like them since they're just like mine. The temporary setups I've played with have the four small gauges (fuel, oil, water, volts) arranged around the two big ones; where's the tranny gauge going to go?
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by JumboFriendly View Post
              They are Stewart-Warners, good call. I like the even older-school looking Green Line series, but they're mega-pricey. Just a speedo and tach would be about $100 more than the other full kit.
              The Green lines are amazing. Definitely worth the extra money. How often do you buy gauges? Do it and be happy. Although the ones you have a pic of above are nice too.

By the way MLY, they look very nice. Good luck with the install
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Heres a green line. Can't find the speedo or tach. Very nice.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

:headbang:
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Speedo:

I could justify the expense if they weren't so much more than the others. Buying the Green Lines would cost several hundred bucks more than the others, money that would be better spent elsewhere.

Comment

that's funny...I'm hoping to have the layout of my gauges to look just like that...or similar...
                    but the Trans Temp is going to go in the middle of the dash...where the clock/digital thingy would normally be...since I'll have no sue for it, its coming out and the gauge is going in.
                    :banana:
                    sigpic
                    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Sounds like a plan! I want to do a custom vinyl covered aluminum dash eventually. Not quite sure how I want the layout to be yet...

Comment

hmm..sounds like a winning combo!
                        I cant wait to get my car done...if I drop it off tonite, I'm gonna be jumping off the walls waiting for it!
                        sigpic
                        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Vinyl-covered aluminum is an idea. I'd been thinking about getting some quality plywood (probably maple) for accent panels and to go right against the gauges (the chrome gauges next to sanded-on sheet aluminum doesn't look right). I'm consistently drawing blanks on how to build the support bracing, though. It shouldn't be that hard to just bend up a bunch of steel bars and screw them where I need 'em, but it's kind of intimidating. Don't suppose you have any bright ideas about that yet?
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            JF: those look like old school Stewart-Warner gauges or something. I like it.
                            The old SW stuff was full sweep, i.e., 270 degree rotation. I know because that's what I have in my car.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Ive had plans for a few years now to do a custom gauge panel that bolts in as a replacement for the towncar cluster and hides behind the factory clear plastic overlay, It just hasnt been a priority. Engine and running car came first. I'm goign to use AM pro-com ultra-lites, and I do plan on runing towards the top of the 160 speedo a time or two. The tires are z-rated to handle it so why not?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                              '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                              '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5 View Post
                                Ive had plans for a few years now to do a custom gauge panel that bolts in as a replacement for the towncar cluster and hides behind the factory clear plastic overlay, It just hasnt been a priority. Engine and running car came first. I'm goign to use AM pro-com ultra-lites, and I do plan on runing towards the top of the 160 speedo a time or two. The tires are z-rated to handle it so why not?
                                I like your thinking (regarding putting the new gauge panel behind the factory clear plastic overaly; and also running it wide open).

Like the gauge choice too.

Nathan in MN; The SW's that JF posted about are also available in full sweep design. The set that he posted a pic of are electronic. Those SW's are available in either 5 or 6 gauge sets; electric or mechanical. Sourced that from Summit.

And to JF; I hear you out on the cost of the green lines. The other ones are similar and just as nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X