teh stang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

teh stang

i havent really posted any details or pics on this, but i got rid of the damn zx2 for an '86 GT. its by no means perfect, but its solid, runs great, and pretty much in tact. it needs some minor detail work including adressing some of the rst spots, but foxes are normally more beaten up when they aernt restored or babied. 177K miles, leaks oil, but runs like a bat out of hell.

its all stock:

5.0L EFI engine-

E6 High-swirl heads
    stock EFI manifold w/ OEM 60mm TB
    flat-top pistons (no valve reliefs)
    OEM tuburlar shorty headers
    OEM 2 1/4" H-pipe w/ factory cats
    American Thunder Flowmasters w/ 4" tips (installed today)
    Stock AOD transmission

Stock suspension

Stock rearend (3.27:1 trac-loc, still locks!)

original paint

stock interior

no runs at the track yet (going on the 26th w/ some CMC mebers) but i'm expecting mid 15s. its lame, but its not a racecar.

pics:

vids:
    idle
    http://www.ltdmasta.com/PICT4913.MOV
    gassin it
    http://www.ltdmasta.com/PICT4915.MOV
    LTD is still here

Ooooh! I love it!!! Congrats! Have fun with it!!!!!

1981 Ford LTD Crown Vic (FOR SALE!)
    1979 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

wow, I love the colour combo!

The exhaust looks nice too. Bringing back the road huggers
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Lovin it man, that car's not lame at all. If you need any parts, I'm parting out an '85 LX vert with a 3.8. The body is pretty much shot but the interior has some decent parts left.

Edit: God damnit, I just noticed you have a grey interior, mine's red, although there are a few grey peices in it.
        Nick
        88 Colony Park LS
        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Very nice. Never really liked the convertible cars, but yours is more attractive to me. Could be the color combo. Nice to have a car that hasn't been hacked on either. Keep it nice. My 2 cents, if it means anything; not a fan of the mud flaps (although they do serve a purpose).
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

first mod if it dosent have them subframe connectors
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Leavin this one alone or just haven't started modding yet? She looks to be in good shape.
              -Matt
              1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

*Beware-slight post hi-jack*
                Epi, ran into a guy last night with a '90-ish Cobra. Teal with polished wheels. It had an '03 Supercharged 4.6 and T-56. It was sweet. Show car quality. Weird thing was it sounded just like a 302 Stang. Other cars that stopped by were a Mucielago, a pair of Viper GTSs (1st and 2nd gen) an '07 Rousch Mustang, a Turbo'd Jetta VR6, and my Box. They all said the Cobra was wicked fast. An officer came by to see what we were up to, and after he decided we were cool, he went straight to my Vic, and not the mega-buck cars, lol. It was cool to hang out with the officer last night. We asked him a lot of "What if" questions. He has an SVO Stang with only 16k on it at home. He told me to check out my own You Tube vid not knowing it was posted by me. When the officer left, he went WOT for as far as we could see him, lol. I asked the Cobra guy if he knew of CMC, and he wasn't familiar with them. You need to recruit this guy. It was weird to see all these cars in Northwest Indiana. I brought my camera, but the batteries were kaput. My buddy (Michael from the other night) has a few of these guy's phone numbers so we'll have to cruise up to one of your CMC get togethers. I'm taking a week off of work first week of September to work on my Vic if you want to swing out.

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                  *Beware-slight post hi-jack*
                  Epi, ran into a guy last night with a '90-ish Cobra. Teal with polished wheels. It had an '03 Supercharged 4.6 and T-56. It was sweet. Show car quality. Weird thing was it sounded just like a 302 Stang. Other cars that stopped by were a Mucielago, a pair of Viper GTSs (1st and 2nd gen) an '07 Rousch Mustang, a Turbo'd Jetta VR6, and my Box. They all said the Cobra was wicked fast. An officer came by to see what we were up to, and after he decided we were cool, he went straight to my Vic, and not the mega-buck cars, lol. It was cool to hang out with the officer last night. We asked him a lot of "What if" questions. He has an SVO Stang with only 16k on it at home. He told me to check out my own You Tube vid not knowing it was posted by me. When the officer left, he went WOT for as far as we could see him, lol. I asked the Cobra guy if he knew of CMC, and he wasn't familiar with them. You need to recruit this guy. It was weird to see all these cars in Northwest Indiana. I brought my camera, but the batteries were kaput. My buddy (Michael from the other night) has a few of these guy's phone numbers so we'll have to cruise up to one of your CMC get togethers. I'm taking a week off of work first week of September to work on my Vic if you want to swing out.

Sept 8th is the big season closer for CMC, if you want to join us. anyone is welcome there, i should be there with the vert.

thanks for the comments guys! turbo- i need to find subframe connectors that fit convertibles. from what i know, standard fox connectors wont fit convertibles. i do need them for sure and it will be my first mod.

future plans just focus on restoration. i have n plans on modifying it beyond its original clean look. i'm dropping in a new motor this winter, but its going to be a hotter HO, nothing big.
                  LTD is still here

Comment

The wheel/white letter combo really bring it together. Good lookin' car!
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I like those style wheels. I dunno, I'd rather find a bone stock intact car in good shape than something thats highly modded but a POS.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 1987LTDmasta View Post
                        Sept 8th is the big season closer for CMC, if you want to join us. anyone is welcome there, i should be there with the vert.
                        If the Vic is done by then I will bring it out. If not, maybe I'll come up with Michael in his GTS. No more late nighters for me, though; I start a new job on the 9th. I'll PM you closer to the date.

Comment

rollin' in my five point-o, with the rag top down so my hair can blow...
                          :p
                          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

nice! i like the 86 gt's best.......not all that gaudy ground effects. how does it run?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                              nice! i like the 86 gt's best.......not all that gaudy ground effects. how does it run?
                              runs descent, needs a motor. a malibu maxx kept up with me.
                              LTD is still here

Comment

Working...
                              X