Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1994 Crown Victoria Window Motor removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994 Crown Victoria Window Motor removal.

Hi Issues with my mom's car now too lol. The driverside rear window motor, and the passenger front motor. What's involved in removing these window motors. Also, what's the set up on these windows? I hear the motors working but the the windows don't move. Is the setup like what my '86 has? Or is it different. I intend to get this done and fast. Thanks in advance.

John

I've got a buddy with a 96 gmq that needs his rear windows fixed so I'd like to know too. If it's close to the box window motor bushing replacement experience then I'll be fine

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

its the same - i think you might even have holes drilled for you already
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Not sure if the Vic is the same as Towncar, but this is how you do 90s TC window motors

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00198.html

Looks to be basically the same as a box provided the regulator itself isn't broken

This is the process for the regulator (the cable setup)

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00011.html
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think he said they heard snapping noises. So I guess the regulator needs to be replaced

Comment

Well, my dad and I got the parts yesterday, and we attempted to do the windows at my uncle's house. The regulators were pretty big. The door panels were way easier to get off than the ones in the past. They just get unscrewed, and then you pull them up, and then away. The regulators were easy to get out. Like the directions said, you had to put wood between the glass and the door frame, when you're popping out the rivits. It turned out to be the easy part lol. For we had to remove the glass. Boy oh boy. The regulator at the top, the studs wouldn't clear the holes because of the glass. So we had to remove the glass. We also (on the front) had to remove the side view mirror. Once that was done, we put in the new regulator, bolted it up, and also rivited it up. Since we had access to a rivit tool and it was way easier and more trusting than using bolts. Then I put the old motor in and ran up the torx head screws (Size 30 for you guys who might have to work on them too). The one in the back was a little easier. Did the same thing basically, then at the end, I put the motor in, it was a little harder because there wasn't much room connecting it to the regulator. Then I got my arm stuck inside the door lol. When that was done, I put the door panels and water guard on the doors and all that stuff.

I couldn't have done it alone. And in my opinion, the job went faster with more people. My dad popped the rivits, removed the side view mirror, and worked on getting the glass out and in, and the regulator too. My uncle helped with the glass and took it out and put it in. He also got some of the window glass washers to lock in the glass. I removed the window motors, rivited in the new rivits, got the other glass washers to lock, reinstalled the motors and put the panels and everything else on. All in all, it wasn't that hard.

Comment

Working...
            X