Jelybean's Ford Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the car

me and jim are going to work on the car this weekend, I'll keep you update on how she is doing, and take more pics.. Thanks for your support
    RIP DENNIS BARTLETT 1-13-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
      The fact that it isn't an LX.

the 91 is an LX
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i was happy Donna found this car. it will give her something to werk on and share in the panther community. it should be an interesting project.

first off, the car needs a battery, and gone over for the trip home. it either had the fuel pump go bad or the fuel pump relay. nuthing that cant be fixed. i have worked on these gas tanks enough i should fly thru it. it did start briefly and while it ran for the time it did, it sounded smooth with no knock in it. the car is located 5-5 1/2 hours from home so when we get down there again to werk on it we will check the paint code and i am curious on the axle code. i have a list of things i wanna check and a separate list of stuff i wanna replace to make it safe.
        Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Wow, driving a car home almost 6 hours? Being yur toolbox, mang. I bet the gas tank is slimey.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

i drove to Chicago which is 7 hours one way to get my tudor. didnt take any tools...but this will be made road werthy and most kinks werked out to at least get it home for the rest of the werk

Comment

not bad at all...just needs a good once over and it would look pretty nice.
              too bad the vinyl is all spilt, but could be worse.
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

What are plans for car?

Comment

~*~Donnas updated pics~*~

the CV is now running. got the car cleaned up, moved, and able to hear it running. Jim changed the fuel pump, alternator, and fuel filter. he still needs to fix a leaking brake line. it will clean up nicer if we either buff it out or give it a good waxing/polishing. here are some cleaned up pictures and a pic of the door tag.
                  Attached Files

Comment

2.73:1 open rear end. Ugha

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

wheels

This are going to be the wheels for my car, they need to be cleaned up a little but I like them
                      Attached Files

Comment

by the way...car isnt base model optioned out...it has auto headlights, power windows and locks, power mirrors, cruise, am/fm cassette. as far as i can tell it is a regular CV sold with no LX markings.

Comment

OK since I'm new to this. was wondering what to name the car.. Have to drive it and see if it has balls or not..And JIm i'm not going to name the car BIG RED or anything to do with Nebraska. so piss off...
                          Last edited by jelybean; 09-02-2007, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Those lincoln wire's should look really good on there.
                            -Matt
                            1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Look at the VIN...I'll bet you a buck that it says P73. :p

Nice lookin car!
                              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

look at the Door Sticker...you lost your buck....it says P74.

you should have looked at the new pics posted of it cleaned and moved. still needs buffed and waxed.

Comment

Working...
                                X