• Time
  • Show
Clear All

more pics of AF

The hood will no longer be white..
    Attached Files
    RIP DENNIS BARTLETT 1-13-2009

Comment

I am so jealous. Your car is gonna be done in NO time!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

AF reminds me of Vicky right now with all the sanding and primer. She's gonna look great when she's all painted.

Comment

more pics

well this is the work we did today and yesterday... I hope she gets done soon.. no more white hood..
          Attached Files

Comment

Damn. Ready for paint practically!
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I WISH!!!!!!

Comment

how come you guys didn't pull the chrome?
                ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

I don't know.. you will have to ask Jim, I didn't think about it untill after we got this far and Art said we could just tape it off. WE might pull it before we paint it, I would like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
                    how come you guys didn't pull the chrome?
                    X2...
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

You primered the trim. She looks very orange!! One step closer to sexy bloodiness

Comment

we got some primer on it.. have to clean it off.going to pull it off next time we work on her.

Comment

got the paint today, the vinyl is going to replaced on friday.. it's getting closer to being done

Comment

I hate you cant wait to see it complete.
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by jelybean View Post
                              got the paint today, the vinyl is going to replaced on friday.. it's getting closer to being done
                              Same color as before?
                              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                              1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

the trim will be removed if easy enough, but the car has no rust so pulling it off might not reveal much. gonna try to pop the trim maybe tomorrow. the chrome trim around the vinyl is removed so that the vinyl can be taken off and things prepped for the vinyl guy to cut down on labor cost.

the car will be painted same color as before, BUT will have some metal flake. the color code for original is 2H... 2H is medium cabernet red. the color we opted for was known as code 2G... 2G is medium cabarnet red poly. it was exact same price but with metal flake in it. so that was a bonus for the paint job instead of paying extra to get a pearl or something to mix into the paint. so AF will look like a dark red sparkling wine when she is done. for a pinstripe, a light charcoal grey double stripe tape was picked instead of black. one stripe is thinner than other like stock, but it should look better than black that blended into the deep red like before. after paint, it will be put on then cleared to seal it. all in due time will AF be a show stopper.

another bonus out of getting AF fixed up is that the guy letting us learn and use his shop offered Jim a job. he said that Jim is a natural and would want to hire him on and coach Jim thru thre painting of AF.

Comment

Working...
                                X