X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water pump

I just started replacing my water pump.
    Oh my god this is a pain in the ass!!

I was trying to put my studs back in & I cant remember wich go where... soooooo can annyone help with this ?? Yes yes I know I am a freakin moron. Please help me if you can asap.

By the way its on a 1985 Grand marquis 5.0 302
    sigpic

Originally posted by Mbanjura View Post
    I just started replacing my water pump.
    Oh my god this is a pain in the ass!!

I was trying to put my studs back in & I cant remember wich go where... soooooo can annyone help with this ?? Yes yes I know I am a freakin moron. Please help me if you can asap.

By the way its on a 1985 Grand marquis 5.0 302
    Oh boy, that sucks. One way to narrow it down would be check bolt lengths. Narrow it down with long bolts in deep shafts on the pump. You should also have bolts with no studs, short ones. Put them on the small inside bolt holes and work off of that. Then just try all or the other bolts in other holes until they all fit right. I hope this helps.

Comment

shorter ones go around the top, long ones go through the sides where the water ports are but there are a couple different ones. Put them in the holes, but don't thread it in. When the heads are roughly 3/8" away from the pump body, its probably the correct bolt for the hole. If you get one in the wrong spot, it will be either against the pump without threading it, or way far away.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Don't forget the double-enders for the steering pump and other brackets that go on. Not sure where I originally got this diagram, but is it any help?
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X