PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carb Problems

Default Carb Problems

I need a carb for my mgm and a window how much do yall think that will cost...........

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

new or used? Advance lists a reman 2bbl for $412. Used is whatever you can find one for on eBay, but used carbs are usually no better than what you have and will probably need an overhaul. Unless the carb is physically damaged or so bad that its beyond salvation, you can probably just rebuild it. Carb kit lists for about 50 bucks.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    Drivetrain: 5.0 HO, Explorer cam, FMS 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley, SuperCoupe stall converter

Suspension: Bridgestone Protenza G019 225/60/16 on LSC turbines, 1 3/16" wagon front bar, 1" PI rear bar, cargo coils, KYB GR-2 front shocks, F150 rear air shocks, big front brakes, ES poly front suspension bushings, 00 CVPI steering box, ES poly body mounts, rear disc brakes

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks.

1982? You can get a rebuilt VV carb for about $500. Or you could rebuild it yourself for about 1/20 of that. Why do you need a new carb? Do you have the VV still or are you running a regular 2-bbl?

Junkyard is your best bet for a window, they run $25-$50 for a side window.

Working with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair Nathan in MI's Avatar

If you want a VV rebuild writeup, check my CarDomain page for my Crown Vic. I rebuilt the whole thing in my dorm room and took pictures of the process.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

I jus found another mgm for 300......How hard is it to put a transmission in one of these things?

There was a VV 7200 on ebay a few weeks ago. Remanufactured by Holley. Guess what?... Buy it now for $70. It was in the box, seller had a huge positive feedback. I should've bought it.

They sell brand new from Ford for like 1400.

Could put on a 4bbl. Intake, carb, and Lokar crap... for a little more than prices you're found...
    **1987 Ford CV Tudor; Far from stock, stock from far
    304, GT40P, HO (straight up), 1.7s, Air Gap, 600 DP, MSD, E fans, FRPP Shorties, Flowmaster 10s, Dirty Dog 3400 NLU, Silverox VB, B&M pan, stacked plate cooler, aluminum shaft, 3L73, big brakes/ rear disks, police bars, urethane throughout, 18x9/10 Bullits (F:275 NT555s, R: 305 NT05R DRs). TW170s and AFM N41 in stock and on deck. Faceplated TKO to follow

Working with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair Nathan in MI's Avatar

Ford still sells VVs??? With all the other more often needed parts that they've discontinued from Ford (speedo gears for instance...) you'd think the VV would have been discontinued YEARS ago.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

The tranny's are like any other tranny's. Heavy and awkward without a tranny jack, but you can do it with some basic knowledge and tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan in MN View Post
    Ford still sells VVs??? With all the other more often needed parts that they've discontinued from Ford (speedo gears for instance...) you'd think the VV would have been discontinued YEARS ago.
    My ford parts guy @ Columbia Ford (Columbia, CT) told me he could get me one as of last summer. I'm sure they're not being made anymore... just left overs.
    304, GT40P, HO (straight up), 1.7s, Air Gap, 600 DP, MSD, E fans, FRPP Shorties, Flowmaster 10s, Dirty Dog 3400 NLU, Silverox VB, B&M pan, stacked plate cooler, aluminum shaft, 3L73, big brakes/ rear disks, police bars, urethane throughout, 18x9/10 Bullits (F:275 NT555s, R: 305 NT05R DRs). TW170s and AFM N41 in stock and on deck. Faceplated TKO to follow

Yeah, I suppose. And they probably will never sell them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan in MN View Post
    Yeah, I suppose. And they probably will never sell them lol

Very true, especially at that price.

Well i had got rid of my mgm about a month ago cause it had to many probles......I miss it to much...well it got sold off to my friend and he told me if i give him 2 12'' and a amp hell give me the car back.......I have to get a carburator for it or a rebuild kit.

Ill have it back 2morrow though.......Ill be so happy. If im on ebay lookin for a carb for my car what do i need to look for.

Why not just rebuild the original? It'd be cheaper.

thats what ima do.

Oh, okay. From what you said it sounded like you were intending to buy a complete carb rather than a kit.

i was going to but im not. Just a kit.

Okay, good luck with the rebuild! If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask.

OK i wont. I get the car back today and dnt get paid until next week. So im going to buy the rebuild kit then. Ill keep yall updated.

Buy one on ebay if you can find one for cheap. Like the $70 rebuilt one I found will ever show up again, right? You never know. Thats a Variable Venturi (or sliding venturi) Motorcraft 7200 (VV 7200).

Nathan in MN already rebuilt one of these (as seen on cardomain), so he probably knows whats up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast