Carb Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Problems

I need a carb for my mgm and a window how much do yall think that will cost...........

new or used? Advance lists a reman 2bbl for $412. Used is whatever you can find one for on eBay, but used carbs are usually no better than what you have and will probably need an overhaul. Unless the carb is physically damaged or so bad that its beyond salvation, you can probably just rebuild it. Carb kit lists for about 50 bucks.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

1982? You can get a rebuilt VV carb for about $500. Or you could rebuild it yourself for about 1/20 of that. Why do you need a new carb? Do you have the VV still or are you running a regular 2-bbl?

Junkyard is your best bet for a window, they run $25-$50 for a side window.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

If you want a VV rebuild writeup, check my CarDomain page for my Crown Vic. I rebuilt the whole thing in my dorm room and took pictures of the process.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I jus found another mgm for 300......How hard is it to put a transmission in one of these things?

Comment

There was a VV 7200 on ebay a few weeks ago. Remanufactured by Holley. Guess what?... Buy it now for $70. It was in the box, seller had a huge positive feedback. I should've bought it.

They sell brand new from Ford for like 1400.

Could put on a 4bbl. Intake, carb, and Lokar crap... for a little more than prices you're found...
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Ford still sells VVs??? With all the other more often needed parts that they've discontinued from Ford (speedo gears for instance...) you'd think the VV would have been discontinued YEARS ago.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

The tranny's are like any other tranny's. Heavy and awkward without a tranny jack, but you can do it with some basic knowledge and tools.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                  Ford still sells VVs??? With all the other more often needed parts that they've discontinued from Ford (speedo gears for instance...) you'd think the VV would have been discontinued YEARS ago.
                  My ford parts guy @ Columbia Ford (Columbia, CT) told me he could get me one as of last summer. I'm sure they're not being made anymore... just left overs.
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Yeah, I suppose. And they probably will never sell them lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                      Yeah, I suppose. And they probably will never sell them lol

Very true, especially at that price.

Comment

Well i had got rid of my mgm about a month ago cause it had to many probles......I miss it to much...well it got sold off to my friend and he told me if i give him 2 12'' and a amp hell give me the car back.......I have to get a carburator for it or a rebuild kit.

Comment

Ill have it back 2morrow though.......Ill be so happy. If im on ebay lookin for a carb for my car what do i need to look for.

Comment

Why not just rebuild the original? It'd be cheaper.

Comment

thats what ima do.

Comment

Working...
                              X