No announcement yet.

Carb Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, okay. From what you said it sounded like you were intending to buy a complete carb rather than a kit.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

i was going to but im not. Just a kit.

Comment

Okay, good luck with the rebuild! If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

OK i wont. I get the car back today and dnt get paid until next week. So im going to buy the rebuild kit then. Ill keep yall updated.

Comment

Buy one on ebay if you can find one for cheap. Like the $70 rebuilt one I found will ever show up again, right? You never know. Thats a Variable Venturi (or sliding venturi) Motorcraft 7200 (VV 7200).

Nathan in MN already rebuilt one of these (as seen on cardomain), so he probably knows whats up.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Keep in mind, just because it's rebuilt DOES NOT necessarily mean anything is adjusted right.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                Keep in mind, just because it's rebuilt DOES NOT necessarily mean anything is adjusted right.
                X 100,000,000,000,000,000. Enough said.
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Holy Shit...

I found another one. Could buy this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-8...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Thing I'd be worried about is that with a reman carb, you won't get any setup information on it, so there's no way to tell whether things are adjusted properly or not.

Comment

Just a note here 'cause I've heard several other VV owners complain:
                      My VV had severe richness during warm up. I turned the CER out almost to the point of it disconnecting and it fixed it! No more drag car idle and smelling like unburned hydrocarbons!
                      Over time it seems the CER gets worn out and adjusting it helps take up the slack.
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Interesting--I was trying to help out a guy once who had a problem with a VV car running overly rich at idle. Bet that was his problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                          Just a note here 'cause I've heard several other VV owners complain:
                          My VV had severe richness during warm up. I turned the CER out almost to the point of it disconnecting and it fixed it! No more drag car idle and smelling like unburned hydrocarbons!
                          Over time it seems the CER gets worn out and adjusting it helps take up the slack.
                          On mine, the choke used to stick @ start up. I used to get that drag car idle and shit too. I cleaned the carb up with some carb cleaner, and really worked the choke rod. The results were impressive. Its till needs to be cleaned every so often though. I still get a bit of an aggressive idle at times... Good info though. I'll check this out.

Comment

Well i dont get the mgm untill monday because it was raining today. But the 2 back windows dont go dow so should i get new window motors or a rebuild kit for the window motors?

Comment

Do they not do anything at all or can you hear the motors turning but nothing happens?

Comment

they go down but not up.

Comment

Working...
                                X