• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm about to scrap it.

-ryan s.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Quitter. /obligatory

Why for you want scrap?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
        I'm about to scrap it.

-ryan s.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
        this is the best thing you've said so far

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I figured it out.
          The IAC valve was shitty. Turns out that the middle switch or whatever controls the charge for the alternator, and when it was on, it would cause the idle to drop (to normal range) and the IAC could not compensate for it.
          I put the original IAC from the TOJ2 on it and it works swell. It idled perfectly for almost 15 minutes last night. And when I put it in to gear, the idle would drop down like it's supposed too, but it didn't stumble and be a piece of shit like it was before.
          NOW.
          Time to fix that exhaust leak tonight. finish up some wiring and put the dash back together. I can now install the wipers and the wiper cowl. I need to empty the trunk, which entails removing the original Marauder transmission, Teksid block, engine stand, pair of PI heads, and some other miscellaneous items.
          Then, it's off to my cousins house for exhaust welding, an inspection, registration and BOOM BITCH.

Ideally, the work on the Marauder starts Sunday.

Finally.

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Hoorah for perseverance and simple(?) fixes.

Packman

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

You got a lot of junk in that trunk!
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Back into the garage tonight. Welding the exhaust tips back together, and hopefully putting the wiper cowl and all that their stuff back on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

RIP Tank of Justice II.
                    You were tons of fun. I had many fun road trips and a few cross-country trips. I learned an infinite amount from you. But now it's time to go to that junkyard in the sky. There's too much rust, and other issues.

Onwards, to:
                    Tank of Justice III
                    The next chapter begins shortly.

-ryan s.

03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Wait, so in a matter of five hours you went from putting her back together to scrapping her? Just how big of a rust monster did you find hiding, and where? I'm having a deja-vu here about a certain wagon... I did show you that clusterfuck during SF, right?
                      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Yes you did, lol.

I knew it was bad. And it was getting there fast. I was trying to make it last two more years, so that it would have hit 300k and the Navigator would be paid off. But I've run out of time and patience. Plus a new one that doesn't have alllllll the issues would be a bit nicer.....
                        I also may have had a rust free 97 Crown Vic with a bad motor, essentially dropped in my lap last night.
                        So, engine swap and off I go.
                        I will be pulling a ton of parts off the TOJ2.

03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

That '97 Crown Vic, does it happen to have come from Arizona, and you acquired it via Mr. Cemetery Gates? lol

But yes, I think your plan certainly sounds like a plan Hopefully no surprises pop up, I really hate it when that Murphy asshole stops by to visit.
                          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Oil spray or whatever you guys do to attempt to keep the rust at bay on the new one. Would be a shame to see a rust free car vanish faster than it has to.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I plan on it.
                              Heavily.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                              X