Which tire failed?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Left Front.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
        -Tank needs the horns fixed.
        Would work well with a set of air horns.:smirk:

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

like these! <-- link to JCWhitney

Just mount behind the bumper

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That would rock.

But i need to save the money and put it toward fixing the Tank and getting it ready to pass inspection for real in October.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
              like these! <-- link to JCWhitney

Just mount behind the bumper
              I had a set of Wolo direct drive horns. They're crap. The "direct drive compressor" is nothing more than a fan that puts out maybe 15-20psi on a good day. The 116db rating is how loud it can get at maximum pressure, usually 100-125psi for Wolo stuff. I tore mine out. They kept getting clogged because they kept getting clogged at such a low pressure.

That's why I got real air horns.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...nHorns005R.jpg

Go big or go home!

Ryan, HornBlasters sells kits starting around $400 if I remember right, could give you something to save your money for. Plenty of space to mount the air system in the trunk. I would think there should still be enough room for larger horns behind the grille.

If you ever go that route. :smirk:
              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 07-08-2010, 06:25 PM.

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I had one of those plastic dual air horns on my Topaz (first car). they were great. Direct drive compressor on those too. Bugger loud as well. Problem was that the horns cracked. Compressor still worked great... the horns would just make a quiet hiss though. Not very good for attention getting. Replaced them with freeway blasters (the shelf version of what panthers come with). Not quite as loud, but worked great. Used the same ones on my suzuki. That was funny. Japanese car sounded like a panther.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I need to go get a set of tires this week. If i have time. I need a set of front tires to start. Between the party this weekend and her family coming up, I doubt that i'm going to have enough time.
                  Maybe next week.
                  But like it's been a real bummer driving the Marauder....
                  And I should have the powder coating shop up and running towards the end of august, begining of septmeber. I already have the building. rock!!

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

And I should have the powder coating shop up and running towards the end of august, begining of septmeber. I already have the building. rock!!

-ryan s.
                    My 91 is screaming for the brightest fucking red steelies ever.
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Ultra F'n Red. I'll see if i can get that as a custom color with that name!

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Ultra F'n Red. I'll see if i can get that as a custom color with that name!

-ryan s.
                        I can see it now

"hey man, those wheels are bright, what's the color name?
                        "Ultra Fucking Red"
                        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I'm sorry.
                          That's "Brightest Fucking Red". most awesomest new color EVAR!

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Egads!!

Well, i got 2 new front tires last week. Goodyear Integrities. So i put my spare back in the trunk.
                            I was going to put my hockey bag in the trunk like i always do. Turns out, i forgot to put my spare tire back up on the "shelf" in the trunk.
                            While I was trying to put it up there, it slipped out of my hand, hit my ice scraper, and the ice scrapper sheared off the cap and the nozzle to a can of black spray paint i had in the trunk.
                            FAIL.
                            I heard hissing. I was startled. And then i realized it was a black mist spraying all over. And it smelled like spray paint. So the only thing i could think of was to shut the trunk.
                            And now my hockey stuff is in the back seat. And it smells like... well..... bad.
                            I haven't opened the trunk yet to see the extend of the damage.
                            Atleast my hockey stuff wasn't in there.
                            And atleast it was black. i can't imagine driving around with a Grabber Green trunk.
                            Well, maybe i could.

Blah.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

this is why I don't keep aerosols in the trunk. Besides the fact that they could explode in the Texas heat, other stuff sliding around tends to do just what happened to you.

Comment

OK, so i was conversing with the GF last night. I found a pretty good deal that may work out.
                                If the Tank does not pass inspection in October, then I'm getting a 04 Town Car. That will be a sufficient temporary vehicle until i get my new Super Duty F-350. I can't get the F-350 until I get a house because it won't fit in my current parking spot. Yeah, it's that big.....
                                I'm still going to try and make it pass. And if i have to take the Tank off the road, I am not getting rid of it. It will be parked at my shop for further projects/spare parts.

Word.

-ryan s.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X