No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or here. i have a hockey game at 1. I'll be back to work on this some more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwVXJI-9a4U

-ryan s.
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-22-2010, 06:32 PM.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

oh my.

I fixed the video for you too.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

dang. even if someone figured out how to start it... I doubt they would want to steal it at that point. that has some awesome to it too. Now to make a panel to mount all those switches in.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It only took about an hour to figure out what did what. Most of my time has been spent fabbing up a panel for everything. I should hopefully be finished tomorrow evening.
          It's just a temporary panel until i have something better made. i just need my car to work right now.

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

That's pretty bad ass. I've been wanting to do a push button start but have no idea how to do any of it.

Are you going to hide any of the switches just in case someone wants to try to steal it?

sigpic
            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I can neither confirm or deny the installation of a kill switch.
              I have the panel almost done. Everything except the start engine button panel is installed.
              The radio works.
              I have illumination on the voltmeter gauge, but no indication. I have to futz around with it later.
              I still don't have the indication lights for each switch, but that will come in due time.
              I just needed to drive my car to work today. And I can soon clean out my car. There are tools and pieces of Tank everywhere!!!!

-ryan s.

(more photos later)
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

The woman has my camera. I can take better pics next week. But besides that....

This is nearing completion:

And this is my temporary fix. I am having a sheet metal box type-thing made to go in in there and not look all crappy and one-dimensional like this piece of plastic is. I changed on toggle switch to a 50A to match the other three. And the voltmeter still doesn't work. But it lights up. I have a digital one i may throw in there just to see.
                Enjoy:

And i actually washed it for the SECOND time this year. Looks kinda pretty when it's all kinda cleaned up:

More to follow. If anyone wants a Start Engine Button installed, I can officially say that I can help with that.

-ryan s.

(I know my phone's camera may be scratched to fuck)
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

A little fuel mileage sorcery going on.
                  4 trips.

The first, with the woman, some bags in the trunk, 75 mph, 87 Octane with 10% Ethanol.
                  441.5 miles at 15.8 gal.= 27.94 mpg.

Second trip, home. Just me. no bags. 75 mph, 87 octane with 10% Ethanol.
                  Yet to be determined. I'm running this one out so i can see exactly how far my needle goes down. currently at 446 mi and about to run out.

I am filling my gas tank ALL the way up. Like an inch from the cap.
                  So, here's the big deal.
                  On thursday, when i head out, i'm filling up with 100% REAL gas. No Ethanol. I't'll be just me and my bag and alot of highway miles. I'm sure I'll come close to running that one out of gas.
                  And the 4th trip home will be with the woman, and all our crap. 75mph. 87 Octane. 100% real gas.
                  I'm really excited for the next two "tests".
                  If you're tired of hearing me babble on about fuel mileage than tell me. I just find it interesting i can make a 4200 lbs car from 1993 with a V8 get 28mpg or even higher.

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Awesome mang!

I ran my first car ('88 Crown Vic w/dual exhaust, no h or x pipe, and cherry bombs) down to Charleston, WV and back on one tank of gas (about 200 miles each way) and had 19 miles of city driving already on the trip odometer.

I had set the cruise control on 55. No stops, didn't really have to brake.

Worked out to 28.5 mpg with 420 mi on the trip odometer when I filled it back in my hometown.
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

4200 lbs?? 3800 lbs (without passengers/luggage) is more like it. Aero's are lighter than whales.
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I may have to look for an aero for my next cruiser...I regularly get 24mpg in my box with combined driving.

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Well, it looks like ethanol free gas is the way to go. I drove from Scotts to home (350mi) on less than 3/4 tank of gas. Now i'm upset because i ran out of trip and could have kept going!
                          And the trip down was going great til i broke my return fuel line about 15 miles from my destination. It chaffed on the exhaust and created a hole. Which could have lead to much more not goodness.

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                            4200 lbs?? 3800 lbs (without passengers/luggage) is more like it. Aero's are lighter than whales.
                            The truck scale i drove it on said 4060 lbs with me and a 1/4 tank of fuel.
                            These trips are with full tanks and bags of shit (figuretively speaking) in the trunk and peoples.

I can go weigh it again next week and see what it says.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                              Well, it looks like ethanol free gas is the way to go. I drove from Scotts to home (350mi) on less than 3/4 tank of gas. Now i'm upset because i ran out of trip and could have kept going!
                              And the trip down was going great til i broke my return fuel line about 15 miles from my destination. It chaffed on the exhaust and created a hole. Which could have lead to much more not goodness.

-ryan s.
                              Glad she didn't catch fire on ya.

I've been thinking about signing up for fuel delivery, keep a few cans in the garage, and have ethanol free gas delivered to my house, fill up both cars, etc. Dunno how much more expensive it would be...
                              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

That's pretty cool although I think you should take a little more time and try to make all look better. You might run into problems accidentally bumping the run switch and shutting off your car but Maybe you won't. All in all I do like idea and it makes me wish I had a beater to do this with lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X