No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah. Well, an Eco Panther is an awesome panther in my book! I'm definitely steering moderately towards performance in my own '93... I'd LIKE to see 250hp to the wheels without getting stupid expensive on the engine mods. I don't want to go any further than that with this car - to reach my goal, I'll need an '03+ whale sporting a chassis capable of supporting 600 rwhp.

Side note, one of the mods at ecomodder, metrompg, is also a mod at mirageforum.com. Awesome guy!
    1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Most people do.
      But I have a Marauder for that. ;-)

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
        Most people do.
        But I have a Marauder for that. ;-)

-ryan s.
        Speaking of the Marauder... Anything new with that?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

It's about ready to move to it's new home.
          That's about it.

I might throw this stupid intake spacer on and see if it does anything.

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

I like the MS paint signature complete with the famous blue smoke out of the tailpipes. LOL!!

Comment

Yeah, it's about right.

Tank developed a wicked misfire. Turns out, there was coolant in the #5, #6, & #7 spark plugs.
              Cleaned them out and applied RTV where I could.
              The exhaust is leaked on the forward side of the cat-to-h-pipe flange. So, that needs to be fixed.

Oh, and the Tank won't go faster than 55mph. Pretty sure the driver side cat is clogged. Blueish-white smoke, I can feel the heat in the floorboard, and the little silver flakes all over my bumper on the drivers side.

Weeeeeeeee3eeeeee!!!!!

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

bah!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Maybe I can get to it on Saturday. I hope. In the morning.

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Time for some Cataclean!
                    1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

I cleaned my cats with a PI swap and some heavy right foot

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm going to clean mine with a 18" drift and a hammer.

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I like the "shut off the ignition at highway speeds for a few seconds and turn it back on" method for clearing cats. Though it tends to clear the rest of the exhaust out as well.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                            I'm going to clean mine with a 18" drift and a hammer.

Expand the ends and shove pipe through it. Guy at work had a clogged cat on his 94-01 Ram and he took a prybar to it and it sounds terrible (having a cheap glasspack instead of real muffler doesn't help) and with the turbulence it doesn't run much better than it did clogged. I think there's a site where you can buy a pipe with a cat shell around it to fool inspections, not sure what site though.
                            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                              I like the "shut off the ignition at highway speeds for a few seconds and turn it back on" method for clearing cats. Though it tends to clear the rest of the exhaust out as well.

Packman
                              How exactly does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                                How exactly does that work?
                                In theory it would dump fuel in the cats then blow them out. Essentially a big back fire.

I gutted the original cats on my 89 (were rattling bad) with a 3/8 impact gun, a 2 foot extension and a 18mm swivel, essentially an air powered blender. It sounded like absolute shit with gutted cats so that's when I redid the exhaust. Although gutted cats > clogged cats
                                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                                X