No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe fixing the massive oil consumption would be worth considering. Probably why the cat is currently shitted up.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

amazingly enough, I've never managed to foul my cats (the vic being the high mileage winner here), but then I replaced them all with magnaflow direct fit cats before they could foul up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

fortunately for me, my cars are both old enough to be exempt from emissions testing.and when I swap in the 351...I will be going "catless"

Comment

Originally posted by t65neon5 View Post
          fortunately for me, my cars are both old enough to be exempt from emissions testing.and when I swap in the 351...I will be going "catless"
          The only way to do a 351.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            amazingly enough, I've never managed to foul my cats (the vic being the high mileage winner here), but then I replaced them all with magnaflow direct fit cats before they could foul up.
            No you just blew up a muffler which I don't know how that happens. I really wish the mufflers on our work trucks would blow up, the mufflers on Chevy 1 ton trucks are massive, almost 3 feet long and 1 foot wide and tall and when placed at the end of the truck they collect water and weigh a thousand pounds.

Btw if the Tank is the eco cruiser, are you willing to do any stripping of the interior, like just the rear seats and maybe rear interior panels? I leave the rear seats out of my van when not in use, feels a bit faster and saves a couple mpg since they weigh a ton.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

pinholes in the exhaust... rich morning running... excess gas pooling in the exhaust... rusted out muffler gets more back pressure and the heat from the cats sets it all off. Blew the check valve for the smog pipe to the cats when it did that too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

There is a possibility of getting to the Tank later this week.
                Actually, I kinda of have to get to it this week.
                Because I'm busy this weekend, and SF is next weekend. I'd hate to take the Lincoln, but whatever! I only have so much time in a day.

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

The tank is the official GMN SF mascot.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I thought that was gadget's towny.

Comment

So,
                      there I was.
                      I decided to fix my intake manifold gaskets. At 9:35 at night.
                      Oh well.
                      Mission accomplished.
                      Fixed. No leaking, no misfires. Strong as shit.
                      Well, I went into the garage with two problems.
                      I fixed one, and rolled out with two problems.
                      The alternator is being a shit. Or it has shit. Teh charge cable was being difficult on the alternator. It didn't feel right when I was loosening it. But, I do have a spare 3G 90A in the basement, and a spare 4G 135A in the garage with the harness.
                      Once I fix that, then I can fix the exhaust, and it's SF time!!
                      Woooo!!!!!!!

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Since I can't remember 40 pages worth of posts, do you have any sound clips of your exhaust (before it crapped out obviously)? It was pretty much stock with new converters and Thrush Turbo's right?
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I do have clips(I'll post again tomorrow).
                          And yes, there are only two factory cats instead of four (improved design). With h-pipe, Thrush turbos and Marauder tips.

In other news, I fixed the alternator issue. I disconnected both stator and voltage regulator and reseated them.
                          Problem gone.
                          Now onto just patching those flanges, and it's SF time!
                          Woooooo!!!

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Exhaust: fixed
                              Time for plugs tonight.
                              And a win.

See you bitches tomorrow.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

tank gonna trek?

Comment

Working...
                                X