No announcement yet.

The 93 GM "Tank of Justice II" (TOJ2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you end up doing with the clogged cats, cut them out? I've been watching youtube vids of guys saying there are methods of cleaning them like soaking in a bucket of soapy water, spraying brake or carb cleaner down it, and soaking in sodium hydroxide. Sometimes they say it works, but if the catalyst metals have worn off, all the cleaning in the world won't do any good.

I'd rather just get rid of them if there's no inspection. If my engine isn't running properly (and with my luck and mechanic skills that's a high possibility), having no cats is one less thing to worry about. Plus some guys claim it runs more efficiently without them, but I think that's in cases of older style cats and/or high mileage cats that don't flow like new. I think on stock engines nowdays the cats don't restrict flow like they used to.
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Can we have some up-to-date pictures of the Spank Of jJustice.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

buddy of mine used a tossed dishwasher to flush out his cats. Went from uber dirty to sparkling clean.

http://www.littleblackdog.com/topic53139.html

helps to have straight cats though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Mine removed themselves.
          I cut behind the cat to then cut it out, when I realized, that there was almost no cat left.
          The remains are scattered throughout Niagara county.
          Sure Logan, when I go back with the new hub.

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Does this look good?

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

hmm... that's not right. Something's missing... something goes there.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I just read through this build....wow. My biggest question is how were the E3 plugs? I have heard good things but I really don't believe anything that picks up "power and fuel mileage". Any better than just your standard plat plugs?

Comment

If two out of three ain't bad, three out of five has to be better, no?
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    If two out of three ain't bad, three out of five has to be better, no?
                    I'm figuring this might only be true if the missing two weren't next to each other.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

where's your sense of adventure? I've had wheels come off, though only in the back. It makes for an interesting driving experience.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Lug studs are overrated. Tank don't need that shit.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

It was making some awful noise at highway speed.
                          And vibrations.
                          Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                            It was making some awful noise at highway speed.
                            And vibrations.
                            Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

-ryan s.

Just take out a stud and put it on the other side, buy one more and you're as good as most euro cars. Even fox bodies! You'd surely be fine with 3 studs.

How's that glorious amount of blue smoke? INCREASING?!

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Blue smoke screen?
                              ENGAGE.
                              Video tomorrow.

I bought a new hub for $27. I figured after 22 years, it's due for a new hub. So whatever.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                where's your sense of adventure? I've had wheels come off, though only in the back. It makes for an interesting driving experience.
                                lmao

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                                mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Working...
                                X