Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost forgotten!!

!!Almoast Forgotten!!
    This Thread is reseved for panthers that where left for dead but rescued and reserected back to Beuty again.

If you rescued a panther from the crusher feel free to post a short storey and a few pics...

Dave

I saved these two from the junkyard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	87mercury3.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1249186 Click image for larger version

Name:	87mercury4.JPG
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1249187 Click image for larger version

Name:	87mercury.JPG
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1249188 Click image for larger version

Name:	87mercury2.JPG
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1249189

Name:	87demo2.JPG
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1249190 Click image for larger version

Name:	87demo4.JPG
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1249191

The '87 I got from my uncle. He was done with it and was going to junk it, but I told him I wanted it. My dad had a pair of west coast truck mirrors he wanted for his truck, so he said he'd trade the car for the mirrors. I drove it for awhile, forget why It got parked...tried to sell it for a long while but no one wanted it. Ended up selling it to another uncle for the demo derby.

Name:	100_1969.jpg
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1249185

The '90 was sitting on a little used car lot. Asked the guy about it, he didn't want to sell it..ok. Went back with a story about needing to use it for parts for my other Vic. So he sold it to me for parts, for $100.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

1984 Grand Marquis 2 door

Well it all started in march of 2006, i worked in the auto wreckers and i had always liked Grand marquis and Crown Vics, and my car at the time was an 1988 Lincoln LSC that had continuis problems, any ways i saw this mercury come in on the flat bed, the first thing i did was drop a battery into it, at took a couple times of cranking it to get it started but when it started it ran nice, the header panel and front bumper wher banged in, and the front of the drivers door was folded back, So i went into the office and asked my boss how much he wanted for it and he said $300 so on my next pay day i ownd a 1984 Grand Marquis 2 door, so then over the coase of the year i fixed her up to what she looks like now, altho this winter she is going under the knife for a total makeover
      the biggining

present day

Comment

Mine was destined for the junkyard too, I walked into work one day and saw her sitting there. I had to fight some retard I work with for it because he wanted to use it for a derby car as well but I told him no fuckin way. In the end I got the car for only $300.00.
        Attached Files

Comment

I am totally jealous of your two cars...
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Mine probably belonged in the junkyard when I got it. Friend had it, and wanted it to go away. Paid $100 for it. Ran and drove, needed a front brake rebuild, rear bumper rotted out, interior was trashed.

The seats got worse after this, the driver's seat had flaps of leather hanging from them.

Now it looks like this. Seats replaced, interior actually looks decent now, different wheels rebuilt motor, suspension overhaul/upgrade, new exhaust, replaced the bumper

headliner has also since been replaced, so ignore that.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the pink white and blue 89 crown vic......cableguy got it from a friend that was gonna scrap it for 150 bucks......plans are as soon as i get the title to get it on the road for my roomate bill
              Attached Files

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

the 1989 crown vic......i got it on ebay for 400 bucks....needed an engine......prob was destined for the demo derby
                Attached Files

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

toms 1987 crown vic two door.....i got it on ebay for 200 bucks......probably another one headed for the demo derby
                  Attached Files

Comment

my 1987 CV that was at SF has a previous salvaged title and was purchased for $500. it was sitting on a used car lot for 5 YEARS. since owning it i have put a different alternator, water pump, brakes, calipers, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, float in gas tank, stereo, and a few other things i cant remember. i bought it with about 80k on the odometer and now has over 102k on it in a year and a half. when i get the MGM mentioned below, it will get new front body panels, paint, and heater core.

my tudor i have i purchased on e-bay. paid $451 for it and had to go to chicago from Omaha, Nebraska area. i am sure i knew where it was gonna go. it is being resurrected with the help of Scottmang.

the 1987 MGM i am getting was almost sold to a tow company for scrap but i told the guy i was interested and wanted it. he has been telling people it is sold. i have made arrangements to pay for it at the end of October or beginning of November for a price of $250. guy only wants that money since it has brandy new tires on it. it was owned by his mom and she stopped driving it after his dad passed away. now she has passed away and has no use for it. i will get pics up of it as soon as i see it again.
                    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

$300

OK well I don't know if mine was destined for the scrap yard but it shure looked like she should have been.

But the main thing that intrests me is the price I got her for. She was marked for sale at $450 but I ended up paying $300. I helped the guy put a serpentine belt on his new car.
                      Is there any reason that anyone can think of as to the $300 price tag ?? As I read this post I notice $300 is a very common price. What's up with that ???
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

easier than asking $302 for the cubic inches of the engine...lol

Comment

lol... I got my 91 for $300 as well... the guy was thinking about pulling the motor for some other car...
                          Attached Files
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

i got alot of cars for a 100 jus like my 88 wagon...thing is people are unawear of true value as a whole of these cars and most young people think they are gay but, the main reason society has decided that these cars are worse on fuel than a boing 747 jet...stupids...

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

resurrecting these cars can be fun and challenging. i like to at least get them running again compared to seeing them sit and rust.

Comment

Working...
                              X